What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

potting soil for sensitive plant?

what do you use for your mimosa
I have mimosa pudica and what I think is a water mimosa or partridge pea seedling

Mimosa are a weed here and are just as comfortable in a standard potting mix as to peat/sand or clay, so I doubt they care, they also infest many crops here, so fertiliser seems to have very little negative effect on them, if any, I cant say for sure (as I don't live in your climate) but I would imagine a shallow water tray, tap water should be fine and potting mix you have spare, they seem to colonise gravely clay faster here, so maybe a wet open mix.

After seeing them in situ, I can say that M. pudica probably is not all too concerned about the potting medium so much as it is about temps and humidity.

M. pudica is a heavy feeder. Any run-of-the-mill potting soil you can buy at the store will work. Also grab some miracle-gro while you're there because they will need that eventually. Warm. Bright sun. The healthier you grow the plant, the faster it will move and "recharge" the leaves.

Back