What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portland Carnivorous Plant Society

mato

BANNED
As many of you in Oregon and Washington know, there are a lot of people in the Pacific Northwest who are involved in this hobby - a number that seems to be getting larger. Without some kind of cohesive group, it seems like none of us will ever get together (although, a few of us have met at different events). So, I've decided to start this little thread just to see how many people are interested in forming something we can all attend.

Let me know if you're interested, so we can start planning for the months to come.

- Mat

Last edited:
Well being so far north, I dont think I could be an active MEMBER of a portland CP society but i'd definitely attend any sort of meetup/swap... :)

I can't believe you guys don't have one established yet, considering how many of you there are on here. Good luck !

one word: cool

Hey, count me in. Would love to attend get-togethers to exchange information and perhaps giveaway/swap plants without the hassel of shippiing. :-D

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Well being so far north, I dont think I could be an active MEMBER of a portland CP society but i'd definitely attend any sort of meetup/swap... :)

I would be willing to drive halfway between here and there for meetings. Seems there are a lot of Washington CP'ers also.

Hey, Mat - count me in! Scheduling time out is sometimes challenging for me but I'll make it work somehow if we do meetings or other get-togethers. Thanks for creating this thread.

I wouldn't mind attendin'.

same boat as Brie....I would love to be a member, but time off for travel to PDX is hard to come by.
I do make an annual pilgrimage to PDX for the OGF Caregrowers Cup, if the timing was near that date, I know could make it work.

Corvallis here. I would likely attend a meet-up in PDX, but not interested in traveling further north than that.

Great, I'm glad you're all showing an interest in this.

If we were to go ahead with a meeting, does anyone have a preference of a good place to meet? Restaurant, bar, someone's home, etc.? I'm not exactly sure what would work best. I think I may need to speak to some of the people involved in the other CP societies that have been around for a while, just to see what they find is the best way to organize these things. I'd definitely like to hear what all of you think.

maybe Albany or Corvallis would be better there are a lot of people in southern Oregon

I'll have to think of places to meet.
I wonder if any local nurseries and/or curio shops would be interested in participating. Or at least allowing us to leave them info cards or whatever.

in Eugene the epud electric company will rent out there meeting room for free on weekends maybe other will also

I have no preference on types of meeting places, but would have to take into consideration my limited funds for food at a restaurant/bar if having to travel very far as to whether I could attend or not with price of gas for my very old truck, LOL.

I think it would be fair to alternate meeting places for those who live a long way from Portland/Washington. I could do as far south as albany and half way between Portland and Seattle.

I think it would be fair to alternate meeting places for those who live a long way from Portland/Washington. I could do as far south as albany and half way between Portland and Seattle.

I second that range of distance from Portland. However, I wonder if the city itself wouldn't be the most central to the most people. As to where to meet, I'm up for anywhere. I love beer and coffee also :)

I have no way to get outside of Portland :(

I would be interested too depending on location and time. Jack

I'm sure a carpool can be formed. Saves gas and makes the trip more .....bearable when conversation is in the game.

im in also. just say when and where.:banana2:

Perhaps we can car pool? I live close to Portland and can fit up to 3 people in the truck.

Back