What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: where do you keep your venus flytraps?

So Where do you keep your Venus Flytraps?

A) Inside
B) Outside
C) Both
D) Other (please specify)

Votes So Far: (UPDATED!!&#33
wink.gif

A) 2
B) 7
C) 4
D) 0

Thanks in advance for voting!  
biggrin.gif

EDIT:  ty FlytrapGurl!

First off, <span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:RED'>WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!</span></span>

Second, B.

Outside in the day, inside at night.You guys that have it outside, are your typicals red?

Outside in the day, inside at night and on rainy days.
And Scotty, I bring them inside to prevent something from climbing onto my back deck and eating them, ie: evil squirrels.

Welcome DarkestHour
smile.gif

Mine stay outside, year 'round. They do fine....rain, sun, snow...only the squirrels pose a problem.
smile.gif

Suzanne

"evil squirrels"..ok, that makes sense..
but are squirrels active at night? seems like they are day-light creatures only..maybe not.

ok, my answers to the poll..

Outide 24/7 from May-November.
Inside the refrigrator from Nov-Feb.
Inside (and growing) from Feb-May (only because its still winter outside)

BTW, the CDs worked GREAT for keeping the robin away!
smile.gif

I took 4 CDs, put them back-to-back so the shiny side was out on both sides, making 2 hanging CD decorations..drilled a small hole near the top and hung them with string near my plants..the Robin hasnt returned since!

now..does anyone know how to keep bumblebees from drilling little holes in my wood shelves?

Scot

I keep my VFTs outside.

Scotty,  Bumblebees drilling holes in wood?  Hehehe.
I believe they would properly be called "Termites"
confused.gif

My answer: Both.

Lauderdale,
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Scotty, Bumblebees drilling holes in wood? Hehehe.
I believe they would properly be called "Termites" [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, there is a kind of bee that drills holes in wood. They cannot sting though. But they can be like a termite in the fact that if you don't do something about it, it can be very damaging. They lay their eggs in the holes. You can plug the holes up until you can get an expert to look at them.

I keep em inside at night so slugs and snails won't get on em.
wink.gif

Plant a kiss, you live in the carolinas? I wish I can keep my VFTs outside 24/7.

Right now I've got one outside to see how it does and two inside. I'm in So. Calif. so I need to watch that the sun doesn't fry the one outside, but so far it seems to really like it. I killed my first vft of the year by baby-ing it too much. I'm still getting the hang of how to care for these guys, so we'll see . . .

cpwitch

I'm from so cali too.
smile.gif
Got same probs too.
biggrin.gif

C. I keep them outside during the Summer and part of the Fall.

Travis

Back