What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got this today as a "Poi Dog" from a Sam Estes dealer. It looks to me like it has some combination of Truncata, Veitchii and Spectabilis but knowing Sam's hybrids I'm sure there is more to it. The leaves and tendril are quite rigid and the pitcher is rather stiff like a Ventricosa x Ephippata pitcher. It's hard to tell in the photos because the flash really brought out the red but under normal lighting the pitchers and spotting have a brown hue to them. Any help is appreciated.

100_4892.jpg

100_4895.jpg

100_4896.jpg

100_4901.jpg

Beautiful! I love the bright red peristome!

Poi dogs are called as such because they come from an unknown pedigree, aka mutts. Good luck trying to find the parentage but as with unknowns, it's best to leave them as unknowns and sell/trade them as such. It is a beautiful plant though and this is the perfect example of loving a plant for how it looks instead of its parentage. That is unless the Maury show decides to do a few shows on nep paternity. Lol.

Back