What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please guide me.?!!!

hi

This is peat moss and carnivorous plants used for.?

di-3JRL.jpg

di-B1S3.jpg

Last edited:
I would look for another brand if possible. The packaging indicates that product contains added lime (calcium) to increase the pH. Carnivorous plants like the low pH and calcium is very toxic to many of them.

By washing the soil is low in calcium and lime.?

This profile is the peat moss

di-JT7A.jpg

Of sulfur can be used to reduce HP.?

sulfur is instant death for carnivorous plants.

I bought three packs of the soil. Please help me to use the soil.

Sulfuric acid to lower the pH of the soil okay?

sulfur is instant death for carnivorous plants.

I'm not away of any sulfur toxicity in carnivorous plants. It's commonly used as a fungicide for temperate CPs in the winter (actually it prevents fungal spores from germinating, rather than killing fungus that is already growing.)

Now copper sulfate...that'll kill plants in no time.

I'm not away of any sulfur toxicity in carnivorous plants. It's commonly used as a fungicide for temperate CPs in the winter (actually it prevents fungal spores from germinating, rather than killing fungus that is already growing.)

Now copper sulfate...that'll kill plants in no time.

I use the copper sulfate. Can I use this soil for carnivorous plants.?

I would not use that soil. And NEVER use copper sulfate anywhere near carnivorous plants.

Unfortunately you can't use this soil, unless you were going to grow P. vallisneriifolia or longifolia. Unfortunately, you could not grow even those if you added copper sulfate to the soil. Gonna need to buy some new soil if you want to grow CPs, I'm sorry to say.

While peat is a standard base for carnivorous plant soil media it needs to be pure without added chemicals or fertilizers. Once these are added it can become toxic to most carnivorous plants.

The best i have ever found is Canadian peat at 5.5 ph. Been using it for over 30 years with no problems. Hope this helps.

Regards

This was the type of peat moss used for carnivorous plants ?

di-SLQL.jpg

di-1KWD.jpg

That brand should be fine. I'd still rinse it before use though since peat quality is really inconsistent, even between individual bags of the same brand.

Back