What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plants from the nj pine barrens

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
A Prickly Pear.
cacti.jpg

Water Lily.
lily.jpg

Now let's get to some of the CP's....
Let's start with the dews.
D. intermedia was the most common followed by D. rotundifolia.
dewsboth1.jpg

dewsboth.jpg

On Sunday Bob, Joe, and I did some serious bush wacking into the Pine Barrens. We came across a few areas that were dry and many of the sundews were dead. In these dry areas we located 5 or so D. filiformis that formed hibiscus that was still green, but all the leaves were brown.
I managed to locate some of the very elusive D. filiformis in another area that I stopped at before I left the park on Sunday.
fil.jpg

And some pictures of Sarracenia purpura.
sar_dews.jpg

sar3.jpg

s1.jpg

sargroup.jpg

flower.jpg

Nice pictures Steve!

Jerry

Awww...y'all located some filiformis. That's great! More nice photos Steve.

Hibiscus = hibernacula. Typing a lil' too fast in the excitement of the discovery?
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Sep. 18 2005,10:24)]Awww...y'all located some filiformis. That's great! More nice photos Steve.

Hibiscus = hibernacula. Typing a lil' too fast in the excitement of the discovery?
smile_n_32.gif
Thanks.

oooopppsss. No big flowers were I was at.
smile_n_32.gif

Them are some nice picture plants
laugh.gif

A question- are prickly pears endemic in that area?? I just think it's kinda weird to see such a thing in a bog-like area, with all those grasses and whatnot...
Thanks for posting these sweet pics!!

I love field trips! Thanks for the great pictures!!!

Back