What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures of CP pests wanted

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I know what an aphid looks like, but not everybody does. Someone posted a few pictures, somewhere, but I can't remember who or where.

Also, I wouldn't recognize spider mites or scale or fungus gnats if I saw one, although I found these picture:

fungus1.jpg

So if you all have decent CP pest pcitures you can share, please post them here.

Thanx

Here's another pic:

DSCF7375sm.jpg

If I find any more scale of aphids I'll snap a shot. Then they'll meet an untimely demise.

Took me a little bit to find:

Jimscott.thumb.jpg

I know that this has been a pest to some cobras and a few other helpless plants to experiments. LOL
smile_n_32.gif

Sorry Jim, been a while since I've picked on you. I do not want you to forget me.
smile_m_32.gif

Hidious, just hidious.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

LOL! Thanks for not letting me forget you or any of my unsuccessful experiments.... I think.
biggrin.gif

The absolutely worst enemy of CPs is the dreaded Sciurus carolinensis.  Even saying the name makes my hair stand on end.  Yes, that Jim Scott creature is mighty destructive, but there's only one and it's pretty far away.  But lots of squirrels are within a few seconds of my CPs all the time.

Squirrel2.jpg

AHHH its so horrible! get it away its giving me nightmares allready!

Behold the Aphid, the lazarus of the pest world ><

7030691.jpg

This is by far and away the most destructive pest my collection faces. This creature is responsable for more plant death in my house than all other pests combined. Be afraid....  be very afraid!!

pest1.sized.jpg

This is ironic... the only serious posting I am getting is one by calling himself a cynic! Let me be more specific; I am looking for pictures of 6 or 8 legged pests, and John Madden's Thanksgiving turkey don't count. Sheeesh!

Well I cant count their legs...  but here are some pests I found today on a S x "Judith Hindle". I believe these are whitefly larva.

whitefly1.sized.jpg

whitefly2.sized.jpg

whitefly3.sized.jpg

Thanks, Steve. I think this topic would make for a legitimate FAQ. And how did you treat them?

Steve, your only hope is to incinerate everything within 200 yards of that plant. You still won't get rid of them forever, but it's a start.

Capslock

Uhh Max.. that would wipe out my whole house and prolly at least 2 of my neighbors as well... lol I would be the homeless guy standing on the freeway onramp with the sign that says "Will work for whitefly poison"

Jim, I doused it real well with Orthene. It says on the bottle that it kills whitefly. If it doesn't work I will have to find an alternate means of destruction.

My camera is MIA
Answer to white fly infestation.
Plant pings, they grow very healthy on white flies. It looks like it has snowed on them and in this heat. well! anyway.
pings don't get them all but it is a start.
Thanx for listening and keep 'em plants growin
Lois

I think squirles should count as a pest... cause.. well they are quite a pain from what I hear.

Squirrels are not pests. They are THE DEVIL
mad.gif

Back