What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pics in growlist

thez_yo

instigator
I'm not sure how many people ever look at my growlist, but I do update it whenever I get new plants (so I can edit on my personal list to see how much I've spent :headwall:). Today I went through and took a bunch of pics to put in with the plants-list because I love pics and especially labeled ones, and I love seeing pics of how other people's plants are doing too. So please, click through and feel free to comment here. I'll update with pics of the tillandsias, orchids, and odds and ends tomorrow.

Please excuse the sorry, pitcherless state most of my plants are in :blush: ... got a thrips infestation a little while back so I'm just glad their leaves are growing in OK now after the Neem'ing for the past couple of months.

Nice plants. Just one suggestion, instead of using the flash on some of them, find a spot on a table being hit by sunlight and take the picture there. (A few neps had a lot of glare on the leaves)

Ant - I tried getting pictures of all of the neps yesterday, just to have a starting point, and it was very cloudy so I had to use the flash to get them in focus at all. Could you tell me which ones had the worst flash that I should update? I know the veitchiiXplaychila could use a new pic which I'll be updating shortly...

cp-connection - Yup it lets me stare at my plants some more :-D.

Please excuse the sorry, pitcherless state most of my plants are in...
Your aristo looks like it's doing fine. Several of the nep's media look really dry but the plants look ok - why so dry looking?

I've also enjoyed sticking pics in the growlist. Every week (or 2 or 3 or ...), I try to add some recent pics of new additions or something new in flower or an update to an experiment or a growth progression or .... For example, my U. nephrophylla has several stalks which someday in the next few weeks may mean some new blooms. Hopefully, I'll snap some pics & post them. I also need to update the growth progression on one of my N. hamata's since I went from a 2.5" pot to ~6" a few months ago and the seedling reniformis that now have almost 3" leaves and the new ....

Wel1, the ones that look kind of a light green color. (I think your white balance might be on the wrong setting) If you change the setting you should see pictures closer to what your eyes see.

Also, if you can, try lowering your depth of field and shudder speed, you might not even need the flash.

Back