What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pest? eggs?

I was looking at one of my outdoor neps today and noticed something strange on one of the tendrils but no where else on the plant. I suspect they may be some sort of insect eggs but I've just really never seen something like this before. Anyway I cut the tendril off to be safe but if someone can id what it is i'd appreciate it.

That is crazy. Definately looks like insect eggs. No idea what it could be. I would seal them up as best as you can (Coffee cans with holes poked in the top worked well for me in my youth) and see what hatches.

Please post when they hatch. I am curious to see what these turn out to be.

either catapillers or a type of "true bug" cut the tendril off, save your plant. Trust me.

+2 True bug. No caterpillar of butterfly/moth/skipper has been known to lay eggs on nepenthes. Some moth caterpillars eat dews, but rarely.
I've got a ton of monarchs out in my tent, like 50 caterpillars, and they have barely any food. i take new cuttings daily

Glad to know for sure they're insect eggs. It just kind of creeped me out because they were in perfectly straight rows.

@ dashman
sorry but I already cut off and threw away the tendril yesterday evening

Back