What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pachypodiums and other

I was in the greenhouse and pulled some cacti out to take some shots.

Pachypodium namaquanum - a little over 3 feet. VERY slow growing.

Pachypodium brevicaule

"Tortuga"

Dorstenia gigas

Can anyone name the rest?

This one is recovering from an unhappy Winter.

Since I was in the back yard, I took pics of 2 Platycerium under a large persimmon tree.

The pink flowered one is Euphorbia millii or "Crown of Thorns" and the next one down looks like Adenium obesum.

The pink flowered one is Euphorbia millii or "Crown of Thorns" and the next one down looks like Adenium obesum.

I concur. And the third one after the Adenium (or the last of the cacti/succ) is a Euphorbia. I'd say Euphorbia decaryi.

I think the one right after the Adenium is a Lophocereus. Perhaps Lophocereus schottii?

Last edited:
Nice namaquanum! The last one, before the platycerium, might be Euphorbia decaryi.

Great job with the IDs!

1) Euphorbia millii
2) I forget... Could be Adenium obesum but leaves are different compared to my other obesums.
3) Pachycereus schottii f. monstrosus aka Lophocereus schottii f. monstrosa aka totem pole cactus
4) Adenium obesum
5) Euphorbia decaryi

Here's the African friend that patrols the backyard. :-D

Last edited:
Back