What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. crystallina/hirtiflora complex cultivation

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone here grows plants from the P. crystallina complex and what conditions you use for them. I'm thinking about picking up a P. megaspilaea, but the info is pretty sparse. Do the species from this complex just grow like normal temperate pings in terms of temps and dormancy? I read somewhere about using a flow table for P. hirtiflora, but that sounds pretty complex to set up so I'm curious whether anyone grows them in just normal potted conditions.

Thanks in advance :D

Bonjour

P.megaspilae or P.habilii

P.megaspilea
for me is a hirtiflora variety with long leaves

I grow these complex ( P.hirtiflora ,P.habilii,etc) like a temperate ping in calcareous substrate.

for them no dormancy, also avoid too strong negative temperature .

jeff

I looked up the temps of the area where P. megaspilea grows. It seems like they can experiences temps in the high 80s and low 90s during the summer, and experience a winter of low around 60.

I should add though, I do not know the altitudinal range of the plants, so the temps could be a bit cooler. Best to avoid high temps, to be safe.

Bonjour

see here all the temperate ping generalite

you have all the complex cristallina /habilii in monographie with all the species (taxonomie-habitat-morphologie-photos)

for this P.habilii ( nommed megaspileon) in Turkey just 100-200 m in altitude

for the real P.Crystallina subsp hirtiflora var megaspilaea in Greece 1930 m

jeff

Last edited:
Back