What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Officially part of the "Cool Club"!!

Well everything is up and running!! I added a floor and a 3rd light. I forgot I had a Daylight T8 in one of the backrooms. Put the last finishing touches on the grow box, and added the plants. Now I get to tweak everything until it's just right. I just want to relax for a while, but I'll get some pics of the plants a little later tonight.

Grow Box specs:
Daytime: 82deg.
Nighttime: 74deg.
75% humidity
2 ~ 35w T12 Sunshine lights
1 ~ 35w T8 Daylight light

100_2674.jpg

100_2657.jpg

what kind-a humidifier are you using there im researching and trying to find a better model mine doesn't put out much moister , its old school with one of those filter/paper sponges that is supposed to soak up the water Ha.
every time i check its dry .
Nice set up cant wait to see the pics of your plants way to go

lookin good! time to start looking for some shelves look around the forums (looking in this section specifically, you'll find some good ideas). as much as your plastic tubs are efficient, i dont think it's suitable to show off to your friends. plus, more shelves means that you can have even more plants!

Looks great! Now to make your 'Cool Club' membership official you have to create a growlist and link it in your signature ;) Congrats!

lookin good! time to start looking for some shelves look around the forums (looking in this section specifically, you'll find some good ideas). as much as your plastic tubs are efficient, i dont think it's suitable to show off to your friends. plus, more shelves means that you can have even more plants!

AMPHIRION WANTS A SHELF!?!? AMPHIRION GET'S A SHELF!! :-O:boogie::-O

100_2674.jpg

N. x ventrata
Nxventrata.jpg

Seedgrown N. splendiana x (rokko x stenophy)
SeedgrownNsplendianaxrokkoxstenophy.jpg

N. gracilis
Ngracilis_2.jpg

Ngracilis.jpg

what kind-a humidifier are you using there im researching and trying to find a better model mine doesn't put out much moister , its old school with one of those filter/paper sponges that is supposed to soak up the water Ha.
every time i check its dry .
Nice set up cant wait to see the pics of your plants way to go

It's an ultra sonic fogging humidifier from Walgreens. I think it was about $35.. but I don't really remember. I bought it almost 8 years ago.

Massmorels, this may sound wierd but it that a ps3 on the tv there lol :D and whats on the tv lol?

Massmorels, this may sound wierd but it that a ps3 on the tv there lol :D and whats on the tv lol?

yeah, there's a PS3 there. And you can see the intro to Soul Caliber IV on the tv. :-O

Looks great! Now to make your 'Cool Club' membership official you have to create a growlist and link it in your signature ;) Congrats!

done and done.. :boogie:

AMPHIRION WANTS A SHELF!?!? AMPHIRION GET'S A SHELF!! :-O:boogie::-O

YEAH! that's definitely sex-say! now if you wanted to you can place growlights underneath that shelf for some more plants! (but i guess im going overboard---it's a good place for supplies too)

you're off to a really great start!

Very nice setup you have there. By this time next year you will be an old pro.

By this time next year you will be an old pro.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am a quick learner, but I have one hell of a memory problem. :crazy:

Man the shelf is a nice touch! Did that help the humidity at all? If not, You can seal it with some plastic and that should help the humidity stick around a little longer!

Man the shelf is a nice touch! Did that help the humidity at all? If not, You can seal it with some plastic and that should help the humidity stick around a little longer!

Thanks bud.
The thought of the plastic had crossed my mind. I'll probably do that today. The only reason I haven't is because of the amount of moisture the fog from the humidifier leaves behind. I figure it would only be a matter of time and I'll have to figure out a drainage system for all the water that's going to build up on the plastic.

If it's working with out it I would not mess with it! ONe thing I would worry about to is the lights. Some light can only take so much humidity before the stop working. Just some food for thought. Other then that it looks great! Now all you need is a terrarium in the bottom with some more light! It's all over for you! You are officially addicted!

Some light can only take so much humidity before the stop working. Just some food for thought. Other then that it looks great! Now all you need is a terrarium in the bottom with some more light! It's all over for you! You are officially addicted!

Before I bought them I read over the box. The box said they work dry or wet.
And ironically enough I've already started putting a terrarium together today. :-O Too late, I'm already adddcited.

Back