What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice colouration from seed grown Cephalotus.

Here's a picture I took of one of my better coloured seed grown Cephalotus:

S07uo.jpg

Last edited:
sir, that is a thing of true beauty! thanks for sharing that photo! awesome plant. is it related to the well-known eden black?

very nice.
I have a couple typical clones showing the same coloration..

It came from a batch of seeds taken from a typical a few years back. Not sure if it's selfed or a cross, as I had a named clone flowering at the same time, but I don't own an Eden Black, so that rules that out.

Beautiful plant!

Cephalotus "Black Pudding" anyone?

Beautiful plant w/ incredible color! :hail:

Three questions:
- do the seeds have any special heritage?
- is there a significant difference in color among siblings? If so, that would be interesting to show as an example of genetic variability (as long as all are under same conditions).
- how old?

Thanks for sharing.

No heritage that I know of, though slim possibility it could be a cross with a named clone. I didn't pot many of the seedlings and of the ones I did most of them were used for growing medium experiments, which many didn't survive. This is the only one that was transferred to my Cephalotus display tank.

Nice job mobile ! I hope my cephs will be like that !
Truly amazing!

Back