What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Violin Mantis enclosure

I had to move my female Violin Mantis from a 10 gallon vertical to a 20 gallon vertical cos she was getting so big so here's a few pics.

20h1.jpg

The new place just planted with trimmings from the crab tank, twigs and a ficus I had sitting around which gives her lots to climb on and plenty of vertical room for her next molt or two. I will probably add more plants on my next days off when i have free time.

20hviolin2.jpg

20hviolin1.jpg

The male had an absolute fit when I moved her across the room to the new tank. I noticed he was searching and searching for the female so I moved his tank to the other side of the room next to hers and he's all happy and calm now. Too bad they can't be together - for very long...

Looks good, swords, I look forward to see it develop!

Violin Mantis are one of my favs {even though I have never had any / just think they're cool looking} next to dead leaf & ghost mantids

Will be getting a few doz. flower mantids this week
&
I have to say I LOVE your set ups / They're Awesome

Back