What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Hummer's Giant ceph...

Brie

Sarracenia freak
Mr. Kristoff was kind enough to give me this little ceph recently and I never got quite around to taking photos of it.. Well I just repotted it into a bigger pot to grow into, and am trying out a rather complex potting mix recipe that Butch and others have had success with. 6 parts Peat, 5 parts coir, 5 parts perlite(I used pumice), 2 parts coarse sand, 1 part horticultural charcoal and 1 part chopped live sphagnum. I made sure to rinse the coir and my peat thoroughly, over and over again, and even rinsed out my pumice. Trying to do everything right. lol

The recipe for the substrate can be found here as well: http://www.foxoles.dsl.pipex.com/cephalotusfollil.html

Anyhow, a couple pics

6004025296_23e0c98bf1_o.jpg

With sand topper added and all finished
6004025376_1260494fe6_o.jpg

Beautiful and good luck with it . . .

wow. I think my recipe was unknown part peat and unknown parts sand and perlite... :lol:

Nice addition. This isn't fully proven outside of my own observations, but I have found a LFS top layer helps with a deeper coloration. ;)

very nice and congrats on your little one :)

I like to keep my soil recipes simple: everything gets potted in styrofoam packing peanuts. No nutrients, no worries! (just kidding, of course) enjoy your new fella, Brie!

Good luck with that little "big"-boy. Hope it will settle in good.

Thanks everybody. :)

Paul, styrofoam.. Now that's a thought. ;) Someone's gotta find a recycled purpose for those cursed things.

Thats a very good looking ceph Brie. Congrats and good luck with it:)!

Back