What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Friends,

I'm pleased to introduce two new destinct and upcoming Drosera filiformis X tracyi cultivars. All cross-pollination efforts were strictly controlled via plant separation combined with anther removal prior to pollen production on all flowers chosen for crossing, to avoid any mistaken self-pollination. The parents involved are the rare Florida version of D. filiformis (D. filiformis "Florida red") and D. tracyi 'white flower, antho-free'.

The antho-free parent lends greatly to the extreme pale leaf color of the forementioned hybrids. All plants are grown in identical soils, lighting and conditions.

First, a general overall comparision;

1006144080_VsHck-X2.jpg

Here's D. "Dreamsicle". Note the orangish glow of the overall plant in the comparitive photo above.

1006144121_5qdMn-X2.jpg

1006144152_ygSgs-X2.jpg

And now, D. "Ambrosia". Note complete lack of tentacle and leaf coloration typical of the antho-free parent, combined with the dark ruby-red glands of the D. "Florida red" parent;

1006143955_XkmZS-X2.jpg

1006144026_xcMx2-X2.jpg

These wonderful plants shall be entering into tissue culture the beginning of 2011. :)

Happy Growing to all,

Brian

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Amazing! I can't wait. They're beautiful.

Congratulations on all the hard work. I'll look forward to when Andrew has them available in a few months.

"Rare Florida version," maybe in the wild...not rare in cultivation for long! I've been sending quite a few seeds of that around.

I especially like your 'Dreamsicle'

Thanks for posting, Brian!

Ambrosia almost looks like a Drosophyllum. I might be interested in getting one eventually

Congratulations! They're fantastic!
*steps in line for Dreamsicle* :drool:

Great work! The results are quite fascinating and the plants very interesting! :)

Back