What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW CAMERA! Canon 7D.. loads of test pics ahoy!

Brie

Sarracenia freak
My awesome husband bought me a Canon 7D for our anniversary, and it arrived yesterday.. I'M SO ****** HAPPY!! Short of a Mark II, this is the most awesome camera I could of asked for.. I also discovered while reading through the manual, the option of using the USB cable to connect the camera to your computer, and using the provided softwear to shoot with your camera, VIA YOUR COMPUTER! How ******* awesome is that? You can control everything you could otherwise control while using the camera handheld.. Adjusting AF points, exposure, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, etc.. Just with virtual lay out on your monitor. All of the following photos were taken this way, with the same Canon 60mm lens i've been using.. I'm pretty ******* stoked.. Loving the results.

I highly recommend viewing them full size. :)

D. capensis "Giant"
6962548737_670820b33c_o.jpg

6816515144_42192a7db9_o.jpg

6816471542_d14659ef78_o.jpg

6816504530_219dbc5930_b.jpg

D. graomologensis
6962688065_349e9a6c4b_o.jpg

6816606724_b7ffb1fd52_o.jpg

D. prolifera
6962763035_97ef786af9_o.jpg

P. reticulata
6962788993_8e7e8b1ec6_o.jpg

Has National Geogrphic called for your job interveiw yet? :lol:

Seriously awesome.

Has National Geogrphic called for your job interveiw yet? :lol:

Seriously awesome.

I actually got to sit down with a Nat Geo edittor once and have her review some of my work.. Wife of a friend.. She said she was very impressed with what I was able to do with "just a hobby camera and no schooling".. lol. I was maybe 21 at the time, was very flattered.. I would KIIILLLL to be a Nat Geo photographer. *sigh*

gorgeous.. GORGEOUS! Is that a pvc pot? so cool..

Hooooly sh**! Your pictures are unreal :D

fantastic work Brie..you're great no matter what camera you're using

I love cannons. Congratulations on the camera and the anniversary. I recently had one of mine. We observours monthly. The photos are beautiful. I have always wondered how you take those pics with black backgrounds or do you have to stage it with a black cloth in the background?

Wow amazing pics!! I really need a new camera

I love cannons. Congratulations on the camera and the anniversary. I recently had one of mine. We observours monthly. The photos are beautiful. I have always wondered how you take those pics with black backgrounds or do you have to stage it with a black cloth in the background?

Thanks.. We've been together way too longer to observe monthly anniversaries though lol.

The black background is a combination of using a dark back drop(cloth, paper, etc) and aperture..

very nice brie. what did you end up getting him? ;)

very nice brie. what did you end up getting him? ;)

I commissioned a custom Dunny from one of his favorite artists, to commemorate our anniversary... Quick photo he sent me of the progress on it so far.. the inside is going to be lit up with an LED.. Steam punk metal finish.. the face is made up of 3 big 3D hearts which will be painted red.. thats all I know so far. lol.
6960477241_aebcba4730_b.jpg

Very nice test pics!

Wow..... that is very, very nice Brie

congrats!

I thought so. Thanks for letting me know.
Hehe, I remember when we first met that someone told me I would stop observing monthly anniversaries. But here we are with another 4th gone by and we just celebrated 16 years 1 month. We promised ourselves we'll always be in love no matter how old we get.

I can see a huge difference in the pics! very nice!

Simply wonderful, Brie! Some of the best cp pics I've ever seen.

I commissioned a custom Dunny from one of his favorite artists, to commemorate our anniversary... Quick photo he sent me of the progress on it so far.. the inside is going to be lit up with an LED.. Steam punk metal finish.. the face is made up of 3 big 3D hearts which will be painted red.. thats all I know so far. lol.

nice!

Very impressive Brie!
I would think you would have no trouble selling some of your great photos. Have you looked into the "2012 Photographers Market"? I can already see an all CP calender at my local Fred Meyer full of your wonderful photo's!
BTW...would you be interested in selling some blow-ups to "friends"?:blush:

Some of the nicest pics ever. Great photography Brie and congratulations, on the cam and the anniversary.

Why is it you are not making a pretty decent living with your photography? Hell, I'd hire you if I was working for Nat Geo.

A camera is only as good as the person using it. There is a lot more to it than just point and cliick. I have seen many with very expensive cameras whose pictures look no better than mine. I will be forever envious of your eye for photography. Great job.

Back