What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New backyard remodel with bog.[IMG]http://img.phot

Hey,
I've had my backyard professionally relandscaped. We remodeled the house recently, and the yard was completely ruined. The "house" is really a two-unit Victorian my brother and I own in San Francisco. Our "yard" is really the space between the house, and the garages that face the alley out in back. By most standards, it's tiny, but in San Francisco, this is actually doing pretty good.

This first picture is walking out from the side of the house looking west on the south side of the lot. This side of the yard is in shade 11 months of the year. The door you see is the garages, which face an alley on the other side:
Yard1.jpg

Turning the corner and looking north towards the small water feature with the bogs:
Yard2.jpg

Looking back towards the house:
Yard3.jpg

Here's the pond, which consists of a small waterfall with carnivorous bogs on the sides, and a pond on front:
Yard4.jpg

Here's one of the bogs, there's another on the other side of the waterfall. It's getting to be winter, so the sarras are a bit on the haggard side, obviously:
Yard5.jpg

(cont...)

Here I'm standing near the pond looking back towards where we started:
Yard7.jpg

Here's a closeup of the staghorn fern:
Yard8.jpg

Some nice touches, like another staghorn on the palm:
Yard11.jpg

This is looking back, under my deck, into the growroom with my nepenthes:
Yard12.jpg

And finally, here's the view of the yard and pond from up on my deck:
Yard13.jpg

As you can see, I went with a lot of palms, ferns and bromiliads for something of a highland rainforest look. What do you think?

Capslock

Dang, I wish my dad would let me build a bog
The palms add a really nice touch to it
looks nice

Wow..  thats quite a difference from what I remember. Very well done Max. Are you going to be moving your potted CPs down into the yard or do you intend to continue with them on the porch? I bet you can find some really great places to put Neps out there now too. Looks like you have a ton of great shaded areas to put them now.

wow...how much did it cost u again? It looks amazing. You should get some sheltered power outlets in there somewhere...so basically u can sit in the backyard among ur plants and do work on ur laptop or so
tounge.gif

AWESOME DUDE!

I love the black mondo grass ;I've only seen it one other time.

Oh...My...Word...

That is some property!

Very nice backyard you have there! Thanks for sharing.

Real nice backyard! Especially for SF!! I do miss that city...

Awesome! Great job!!!!!
clap9re.gif
clap9re.gif
biggthumpup.gif
biggthumpup.gif

Back