What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New addition: Nepenthes platychila

platychila.jpg

The lower pitchers are nothing special. I'm hoping that one day this little guy will put up upper pitchers that look like this:

platychila1.jpg

i love how you receive nice plants from them, but i get *(#% plants lol. they must have it out for me >:|
nice plant though, cant wait to see it get bigger

I've only had good transactions w/ them.

This species used to be my fav. Have fun growing it!

Great plant! Mine is an easy grower - I have it in fast-draining media and it's making its first upper right now. Good luck with yours - looks good and healthy!

Capslcok

SirKristoff: I repotted it as soon as I got it. The original pot was very small.

Nice plant Brokken.

Caps, do you have any pictures of your platychila? I'm interested in seeing one fully grown in captivity.

yeah the pots they send em in are pretty crappy, but the plants i receive are always half dead it seems, my lowii was the only exception.

Ditto, Capslock. I'd love to see what yours looks like.

Also, I would like to know what conditions you grow it under - since you're in San Francisco and I'm in relatively close San Jose: Are you able to grow yours outdoors?

WOW.. Very nice nep Brokken, i love the color of the leafs and the pitchers are so cute and pretty...:-D

Very nice
I got mine about teo years ago really small then,about 15 inchs across and 18 inchs high,putting out some nice intermediates at the moment still a little while before those glorious uppers appear:)
Bye for now Julian

very nice! keep us updated! :)

Back