What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Maxima Dark Flowering

After a long wait, maxima dark is flowering. It's a female! Just noticed today, so there's lots of time before it's ready. Looking for pollen, would like to split seeds 50/50. Will take pictures of flower this weekend.

Lower pitchers:

DSC02737.jpg

Uppers

DSC03646.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Was that the cutting I sent to you? If so blooming in same time as the one I didn't cut up to make more plants. But if not the one I sent you then you got another female.

Was that the cutting I sent to you? If so blooming in same time as the one I didn't cut up to make more plants. But if not the one I sent you then you got another female.

You sent me a cutting of a female ventricosa. I got this plant from a nursery on the Big Island. The ventricosa cutting you sent me has been growing very quickly and is putting out some nice pitchers. Thanks! :D

Wish i had some interesting pollen but all i have is sanguinea x truncata and sibuyanensis x ventricosa thats almost ready

Contact the user here named Mikulas, I recently met with him and he has some nice neps flowering right now, a couple males and a couple females.

We have a N. veitchii 'K' male in flower at Meadowview!!! That would be a beautiful cross! We might have a few others, too.

I've still got pollen of N. ventricosa "red" available, it might be interesting to do a remake of 'Red Leopard' with a dark maxi.

I have some pollen from my Spec. Giant x Ventricosa that would most likely make some nice plants with that species.

DSCF2502 by rball0406, on Flickr

Thanks for the offers! I'm not very picky as to what crosses are made. I would kind of like to make multiple crosses and share so everyone gets seeds of all the crosses. The flower is still a long way off, maybe a month or so. I'll keep everyone updated. :D

well i have the pollen now in fridge not sure if it will keep but id like to jsut mail it to you if u got an address i can ship it out whenever it will go to waste if somone doesnt take it

Ok, sounds good I'll pm you right now.

Just found a flower on spathulata x boschiana "Kevin Wong". If it blooms in time hopefully I can make the cross and share the seeds!

A little less than half of the flowers are fully opened. If you have anything else flowering and you'd like to make this cross shoot me a pm! I'll post pictures of the flower sometime tomorrow.

I have Miranda and a couple of other males in bloom. I will check to see which ones...

Well, the N. X Aeneas male flower is progressing a lot faster then anticipated. It's hard to say when the flowers will open but hopefully they will open very soon. I'll keep you updated and hopefully there will still be enough time left ;).

I have Miranda and a couple of other males in bloom. I will check to see which ones...

Okay thanks! All the flowers are almost open. Could you send pollen as soon as possible? Lance, unless your flower is open right now, I don't think the timing is going to work out. The plant should bloom again in the near future, hopefully everything will match up better.

Back