What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes madagascariensis not growing/ pitchering

• Thread starter Ivan001
  • Start date
Hi everyone :)

I have had a small Nepenthes madagascariensis for about 2 years.

Initially, it was on my windowsill (lowland tropical conditions), where it was growing and pitchering fine.

Next, I moved it to the balcony, where it received direct sunlight for a few hours a day. Since the shift onto the balcony, its growth slowed and it stopped pitchering.

After a few months, I decided to move it into my indoor set up. Unfortunately, nothing changed.

Here are some pictures of the plant:

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

M3.jpg

Here are its current growing conditions:

- Lighting: white LED grow lights provide 14 hours of light a day
- Temperature: Daytime = 27-30 deg C; Nighttime = 25-26 deg C
- Humidity: about 30-50% (I open up the set up during the day so that it does not get too hot inside)
- Water: the plant stands in a thin layer of running water. The potting media stays moist all the way to the surface
- Potting media: 50-50 mix of wetted sphagnum moss and perlite
- Fertilising: Not done ever since I bought it

Does anyone know why this could be so?

It looks like it has a basal, right? Usually basals pitcher better for me than main plants so you might luck out there. Does the growth point of the main growth look ok? I can't really tell - do you have any pests like thrips or anything? Sometimes my plants don't pitcher when I'm fighting infestations.

Back