What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes edwardsiana + Bunny

Warning: The following images are extremely graphic and disturbing.

Nepenthes edwardsiana pitcher in the bunny cage.
nepenthes-edwardsiana-bunny.jpg

Half-way eaten pitcher.
nepenthes-edwardsiana-bunny-02.jpg

You monster :ohno:

That hurts me. Did ya tear it off moving it around by accident? Sorry for the loss but the rabbit seemed to have been enjoying itself! :lol:

Hopefully it wasn't the entire plant.. That'd be one heck of an expensive feeding!!

:ohno: WHY? WHY, you big meanie!!! :cry:

The only thing I see hare, I mean here, is a rabbit with eyeshadow.
Why would you do that to the poor rabbit?

That is disturbing Michael. I hope the plant is ok. :p

Italian Braised Rabbit

Ingredients

1 small rabbit, lightly killed, cut into pieces -- quartered

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

4-6 cloves garlic, chopped

fresh ground black pepper

sea salt (to taste)

1/2 onion, chopped

1 cup dry white wine

4 to 5 fresh tomatoes -- quartered or diced; or one 28 oz. can San Marzano Italian tomatoes

1 small can tomato sauce (optional)

4 oz pitted black or Kalamata olives

small sprig of fresh rosemary (15-20 cm long)

Directions

Heat oil in heavy skillet or, best of all, a cast iron frying pan. Add rabbit, onion, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat till brown. Add white wine and cook covered utill wine has evaporated. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, rosemary (cut sprig in half or thirds); lower heat and cook slowly till meat is tender (about 1 hour). Add olives about 5 minutes before rabbit is done. Serve over polenta or fresh or dried Italian pasta.

Last edited:
Wait a minute now..the bunny is a hotot, they cannot be blamed..the plant must have teased him

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why, why?!
Why not just send the pitcher to me?

Rabbitattack.jpg

The Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog, I thought it was just a movie stunt but after seeing the Edwarsianan it must be true.

You know what? Someone who acts that irresponsible with a pitcher of an Eddy deserves to have it taken away... and shipped to... me.

im bawling....on the inside....

OMG!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!! why would you do this? I'm gonna go hunt you down now im right outside DC!!!! lol

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Oh Bella that bunny recipe sounds so good, i herd bunny is actually suposed to taste pretty good too ;)

The comments were great. All in good fun guys.

I was cleaning this weekend and one of the leaves cracked. I decided to remove the entire leaf rather then risk disease. Plant is perfectly fine, bunny is perfectly fine. Although he has eaten 2 mac book chargers, a cell phone charger, and a couple sets of headphones; these cords are bunny licorice candy, if he really ate one of my plants I would have to use David's recipe.

[/COLOR]Oh Bella that bunny recipe sounds so good, i herd bunny is actually suposed to taste pretty good too ;)

young jackrabbit and snowshoe hare is fine, older animals are kinda stringy.....cottontails are good eats as is domestic rabbit....lean meat though, needs moist cooking or it dries out and gets tough.......

i dont mess with the wild ones though 'less its cold out, rabbit fever isnt something to mess with......the meat is fine regardless if cooked well done but in the winter yah dont have to worry bout the fleas and ticks transmitting it to you aswell as the bad ju-ju of get the blood in cuts if the liver of the animal has lesions....had a buddy cut his hand while skinning an infected animal, when we were done cleaning the animals we hauled him up to the ER to get a round of antibiotics.....

I'm pretty sure I can safely say there has never been a thread, or possibly a rabbit like this ever before.

It really did scare me until I saw your comment.

Thanks for making sense out of the madness. :)

Back