What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I know

The point being: 1) that's not Nepenthes alata - and I doubt there's an experienced grower in the community who would say that it is N. alata, and 2) Put it in context of the larger discussion, which is to say: the vast majority of instances where someone offers divisions of "Nepenthes alata" it turns out to be Ventrata, because this identification error has been propagated for years, over and over again. The fact that the OP has declined to provide photos of his plant leaves us to guess as to the reason(s) he opts not to. I think its unfortunate for all who have followed this thread that he hasn't, because whatever the truth is - most people are going to assume he has declined because what he is offering is in fact Ventrata (or even gracilliflora!). But since the OP has chosen to be hostile and defensive in response to our requests for photos, I think its a reasonable assumption that he ain't gonna show us the plant in question. So be it.

Last edited:
Barely a week goes by that we don't see this error made, either through inexperience, naivete or carelessness.

Agreed. I've seen plants being mislabeled as N. alata from university greenhouses to the US Botanic Garden, let alone all the obvious errors that occur online frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back