What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help with identification

ok a nice member of another forum was nice enough to send me a "starter pack" that included a few pings,a Sar, and 6 Droseras. but nothing was labled but he sent a nice list of what was included with descriptions and he listed 7 Drosera not 6 so ive got some confusion. i figured out the capensis albino and typical, binata and scorpiodes. my problem comes in figuring out the last 2 from a list of 3 suspects. listed in the email are: D. puchella, a probably "Lake Badgerup", and D. nidiformis. now i think i have the puchella figured out from a picture in The Savage Garden unles it looks like one of the other to. so if some one can post a picture of nidiformis and "Lake Badgerup" or atleast tell me what species "lake Badgerup" is. ive emailed the guy who sent me them but thought it would be a good idea to post my request here as well. thanks.

Rattler

Lake Badgerup sundew is a pygmy sundew hybrid. It's parents are Drosera nitidula ssp omissa X Drosera occidentalis ssp occidentalis. It was originally found, you guess it, at Lake Badgerup in Western Australia. While very common in cultivation it original location is now farming land.
Drosera pulchella is very easy to id from all other common pygmy sundews by it very wide petioles (Leaf stalk). Lake Badgerup show in it's growth more of it occidentalis parent so has thin, red petioles and red traps. Drosera nidiformis has semi-erect, paddle shaped leaves.

ok then i guess he forgot to throw in the Lake Badgerup. you descriptions fit the other two. thanks!

Rattler

Back