What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohh yah....

Just wait until you guys see the "Sarracenia X-Ray Revelator" I'm workin' on for the show......should be fun for the kiddies.

At the last NECPS meeting, Priscilla mentioned that she had a fog machine but doesn't know if it works. Wouldn't that be fun! Maybe for "The members favorites" table.

Tony - how about a hint?
confused.gif
??

Hey Everyone -

I almost couldn't believe my ears today! Today at 3pm Faith Middleton, who has a radio show with a large following on Connecticut Public Radio/NPR, not only mentioned our upcoming show but also enthusiastically read John's press release almost verbatum - even mentioned "...tropical pitcher plants that can eat lizards & mice..."!!!!!!!! I heard it live on 90.5 fm. She spent about 5 minutes on the air talking about how fun it sounds, it will be worth the drive, sounds like a riot, kids will love it, etc. Then she mentioned John's email address over the airwaves, twice. Better start checkin' your emails, John!

That's awesome Bill! So, here's what I'll actually bring to the show:

1 N. x gentle
1 S. purpurea ssp. venosa
1 D. binata
1 U. livida + 1 U. graminifola

My 'favorite' plant will be my purpurea (but really, they're all my favorite!). I decided not to bring my ampullaria by the way, I'll keep babying it, I love that plant!

Anybody else bringing plants to NECPS Plant Show???

Time to get those names on the list people....

Show off those hard-grown plants!!!

Post 'em here and I'll make sure precision labels are waiting for you when you get your plants to the October show.

Can't wait 'till October 9th

Kirk
CP addict since 1993
confused.gif

Hey Gang -

Please write up your 'Member's Favorite' descriptions too and get them to Kirk Martin or Dave Sackett.

I was at The Connecticut Plant Swap this weekend. I met one woman who heard that radio broadcast mentioning our show. Cool, huh? At the swap, I picked up a nearly full flat of Cat Tails in 2 inch peat pots. I figured folks who have ponds/bogs might want them so I'm donating them to the NECPS sale table, along with other goodies like D. binata. If I have time I'll make some more of those buttons that say "Shut Your Trap".

Our new postcard should be ready just before the show, so they'll be available. I spoke with John Phillip last Friday & he said our brand spankin' new shirts & mugs with the logo should be done by then too!

Can't wait for the show!

Hey Kirk,
Can you add a label to me for N. macfarlenei? I posted it here, but it wasn't in my e-mail...thanks. Also add N. inermis...I think I'll bring that one, too.

Hi Schloaty,

It's done!!! Looking forward to seeing your collection

Kirk

Here is what our new postcard will look like (1/16th or so of the black will be trimmed off):

necpspcard.jpg

The back has our logo, mission statement, website, and legend to the photos. By the way, Schloaty nice Nep & Heli!! They are arriving hot off the presses a few days before the show.

Thanks Bill.....isn't that my ceph, too?
smile_m_32.gif

Postcard came out AMAZING!!!

One more time "Great Job Bill!!"

Will be out in the ghouse tomorrow doing some potting.  Will pull a few things and post what I am sending for the silent auction once I have them set aside.

Tony

THANKS TONY!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!

Schloaty - Why YES, it IS yer Ceph!!

Kirk - Thanks. We decided not to put "2004 CP Show" or anything like that on them since we are getting a box of 500 cards (minimum order). This way we'll have them for other events like the flower shows next spring.

Silent auction plants:

N. spectabilis elongate form 10"
N. truncata highland from TC 4"
N. veitchii highland x lowland 8"
N. eymae x veitchii 8"
N. fusca x veitchii 12"
N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae) rooted cutting
N. (mirabilis x maxima x maxima x mixta) x Tiveyi 16"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]N. truncata highland from TC 4"

smile_k_ani_32.gif
Oh, I'm gonna get in such trouble with my wife!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Does anyone know if eBeyonder still needs a ride from NY to the show?

Also, for anyone visiting the show from the Boston area, Bob Winkler would like to go if he can find a ride. He's the one who recently asked about Sarracenia dormancy under the stairwell.

Had to leave out the N. clipeata x (clipeata x eymae). While happily growing in the baggie.. the cutting didn't have much in roots yet.

I made 6 buttons for the NECPS table - two of each; the one from last year & 2 new additions. Nice Nep Schloaty!!

necpsbuttons.jpg

Boy! My aristo is getting famous!
smile.gif

Back