What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS Show

Anybody going to the NECPS Show in Providence at the end of this month? I think I'll be making the trek up from Delaware, and I'm starting to get pretty excited. I'm curious if anyone's been in the past, and what their take on it was.

I have been to every show and it is a blast to meet other people in our hobby. Besides meeting and talking with growers from all levels of experience, I really like the quality of the plants on display.

If you have any questions about the show, just post them. If you any suggestions, please let us know. We have one more meeting before the show to finalize the details. We are always looking for ways to make it better for vistors to the show.

Hey JRod, I'll be there!

So will Wildbill, Presto, Chloroplast, Jmatt, StifflerMichael....oh, who else? There's more....

kirkwmartin just moved to FL :( but maybe he'll come up?

quogue oughtta be there!

Fantastic! I'm turbo-excited to go now. Can't wait.... Any recommendations on hotels for the weekend?

Oh, and sorry for the re-post, I hadn't seen the other announcement. Let's just say BUMP

There is Marriot Hotel in Providence that is nice.

I'll almost certainly be there. I've successfully nagged my dad into taking me there since I can't drive lol.

I just may make an appearance there. We'll see.

If I make it, I would suggest everybody run for their life.

Hey JRod, I'll be there!

So will Wildbill, Presto, Chloroplast, Jmatt, StifflerMichael....oh, who else? There's more....

me! haha all the way from KY!!! also...i have a plant to give you schloaty....dont let me forget :)

im staying a cheap ol comfort inn. im not needy :D

Ozzy: look forward to seeing you. ill put my running shoes on just in case :)

Alex

I may be going. Can't wait to meet everyone!
Can't wait to buy plants!

I have a question: Do you have to be a member of Necps?

I have a question: Do you have to be a member of Necps?

No, you do not need to be a member as it is open to the public. There is $3 admission fee to the botanical garden where the show is being held.

I'm glad to see that there are more terraforum members planning to attend this year.

We had our NECPS meeting today that went really well. One of the jobs that I am working on is to coordinate the seminar schedule. Once I have some more details, I will update the show thread.

.i have a plant to give you schloaty....dont let me forget
HA HA! Let you forget? As if I could ever forget someone has a plant for me.

Yeah.

JRod, I've been staying in the Comfort Inn in Warwick (about 6 miles from the show) for the last couple of shows (not last year, since it was elsewhere due to construction, but in years past). It's reasonable priced, and the rooms are fairly clean.

I'll make myself a "TF jrod" nametag so everyone can find me at the show. Looks like I'm crashing in the Motel 6 south of the show off 95. I'll be bringing a few cans of Raid and a blacklight.....

Yeesh! No blacklight! You're better off NOT knowing!

Like Presto said, I'll be there! I usually stay in the Motel 6 by exit 16 I think? It ain't bad at all and it's got a Bickford's next door for breakfast!
Then again, I've stayed at motels with hourly rates and mirrors on the ceilings so don't take my advice..

I would say Schloaty's got the right idea... ya better off not knowing!

I've stayed at motels with hourly rates and mirrors on the ceilings

:0o: :love:

:-))

I just booked my flight, I'll be there. Unless my plane crashes!

:0o: :eek:

Back