What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NE CP meet.

• Thread starter Exo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bacps

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
I've been mulling an idea over in my head and was looking for some feedback, so here it is....

California has a bunch of different CP events and hobby meets like the BACPS meet, but as far as I know, the east coast is pretty much devoid of such things, so I was wondering what peeps would think if maybe we could put together something similar, a hobbiest meet of some kind, here in NY state. We could get some of the east coast vendors involved possibly (Tony P Lives not far from here actually) and give an opertunity for members that live on the east coast to meet and greet, share some plants, and possibly help the sales of some of the east coast CP vendors.

Let me know what you think and what you suggest, This is just an idea right now, so I need some feedback about the possible interest in such a thing.

Blegh... thought you meant Northern Europe :cry:

Exo, you guys have the necps meets... why not go to those?

Exo, you guys have the necps meets... why not go to those?

Where are these meets though?.....I've never heard of them, or where they are held. ???

...........Ok then......now I really feel like a fool. :blush:

Yeah, the NECPS show was in Providence last month. I had a private chef gig and couldn't make it this year but it's a blast.

Hmm....perhaps this idea isn't completely dead yet.....I mean, california has more than one event, even though the NECPS has an event doesn't mean that we couldn't have something here in NY state...not everyone can make the NECPS show, it would still give them a chance to go to something.

Any thoughts?.....or am I just grasping for straws? :-))

If money was no object then I'd SO be there :grin:

What about the mid-almost canadian CP meet? Actually, why not one in every state! Sure, only two people would show up for most meetings, but still!

What about the mid-almost canadian CP meet? Actually, why not one in every state! Sure, only two people would show up for most meetings, but still!

.........so are you approving....of dissaproving of the idea.....:scratch:

Why not something in NYC?

Why not something in NYC?

The problem with NYC is that it is a nightmare to navigate, I wouldn't wish for anybody to have to find there way around in that crazy place.....plus, I have heard that finding a place to hold a convention is difficult at best, and the local hotels cost a fortune for peeps who want to stay for more than a day......not a user friendly place.

I would totally come, depending on the area of the state. I'm in Eastern PA, so it couldn't be too far away for me, Albion IS 4:30 away from me, so that wouldn't be bad. I would tell a few other local
CP-ers.There is an Ohio CPsociety, not sure if they would want to make a 6-hr trip, but you never know... either way, as long as my dad can drive(and it's on a weekend,) I will be there!

i wouldnt really say new york, for the reasons you stated above, maybe a bit further south :-O, maybe PA or VA...or FL??:-))

I would totally come, depending on the area of the state. I'm in Eastern PA, so it couldn't be too far away for me, Albion IS 4:30 away from me, so that wouldn't be bad. I would tell a few other local
CP-ers.There is an Ohio CPsociety, not sure if they would want to make a 6-hr trip, but you never know... either way, as long as my dad can drive(and it's on a weekend,) I will be there!

The nearby town of Batavia would be a good location too...plenty of hotels ans resteraunts and such...but small enough to navigate with relative ease....location isn't set in stone.....as long is it isn't NYC. :0o:

North East meet in Florida! LOVE IT!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA XD

Speaking of, you going to that thing that's happening soon down in your neck of the swamp?

i wouldnt really say new york, for the reasons you stated above, maybe a bit further south :-O, maybe PA or VA...or FL??:-))

PA would be reasonable....but I don't know the state well, so I'd need lots of help with the planning......heck, as it is I need help with planning. :-))

Back