What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. truncata hybrid?

Esteemed Colleagues,

this mysterious Nep has now commenced to make presentable pitchers.
This one is about five inches, tough as leather, and I still don't have a clue whether it actually is a truncata hybrid (that's what it said on the label when I bought it) or, if so, a truncata crossed with what? So far I've abandoned the trunc x alata theory
smile.gif
BTW, the green pitcher in the back belongs to the same plant.

Any ideas, y'all? Please feel free to indulge in erudite banter
smile.gif

NepenthestruncalatatruncataxalataB0.jpg

it has maxima in it...take a look at the bottom of the persimtone.
Alex

True, but hey, I dunno.

-Ben

maxima is not the only species that pinches at the bottom of the peristome. Veitchii does it rather strongly as well, and I'm sure there are a few more I can't think of right now

What about petiolata as a possible parent? Pitcher shape, peristome and the vicinity to truncatas in the wild (it's a natural hybrid) seem to speak for this theory.

Can you post a pic of a leaf? The shape and color thereof may also help us with the id.

Could be trunc x sanguinea, too.

Thanks for all y'all's help.

The other parent is also likely to be endemic in the Philippines, as it's supposed to be a natural hybrid.

But maybe I've been lied to, which would move us straight back to Square One.

Two older pics of the whole plant.
NepenthesNOID2hybrid-060512_2.jpg

NepenthesNOID2hybrid2-051122Large.jpg

i now second the truncata side... for one the profile of the pitcher in the second new pic makes me think of truncata...the leaves also look blunt-ish.
Alex

Back