What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. Sanguinea from Andy (Thanks!)

CPs037.jpg

CPs038.jpg

CPs035.jpg

That is very nice. I need to buy from Andy soon

Well mine I payed less but it is FINNALLY pitchering after like 3 months...
I would have bought from Andy.

ah, mine has 3 pitchers on the way
and the one that is already there
all leaves had pitchers before it was sent but andy clipped em
either way
its a beautiful plant

Kristoff,
That is a very nice and healthy plant! However, I should warn you - don't put nepenthes in standing water like a vft or drosera. They don't like that at all!

Capslock

yeah, i had the water in it to get the media moist as it had spent about 4 days in the mail lol

i figured this would be the easiest way to get it done fast, i have already emptied the water

pfffffft. Andy gave me a bigger one.

:D

actually its not too far from the same size as mine.
and i dont really care for size right now seeing as i am low on room for the time being

Wrong! N. sanguninea could care less! I know for a fact because mine spent all summer in water and it grew about 5 or so inches in diameter and had pitchers that went from light green and unimpressive to nicely colored pitchers that were about an inch bigger then a month after I go it. So for these plant just make sure the water level isn't to high.

i will probably give it about an inch or so of tray water a week.

Looks good :) And all the Neps I'm sending out right now have basically the same size/health/pitchers on them lol it was funny to see the "mine is bigger" though! haha

Since I have so many of these in a single tub (they are all in 2" pots) I let them sit in water too.. not prolonged, but I do fill it up give it a few days.. and if the water is still in there drain it out.

And no no... Thank you! :)
Andrew

any time andy, this one has gotten me addicted to Neps just by looking at it
its amazing. :p

I was trying to figure out who Andy was. LOL
???

haha! :D

PAK: I thought every one knew.

Why is it so tall? Mine has about half the height but twice the amount of leaves. Just starting to slow down and loss pitcher color because winter is setting, I am even having a snowday right now.

because it was shipped bare-root
it got all lengthy, idk and Andy cut most of the pitchers off before shipping. BAD ANDY, GOOD PIZZA for anyone who remember that slogan lol.

No, they are all long like that... I don't know if they're starting to vine or what... Maybe they wanna eat??? Surely not from shipping. n And they're not really bare root... lol It's just the root/media ball from a smaller pot, and you get the larger pot with more media to plant it in. (I have them in 2 1/4" pots and ship them with 3.5" pots)

Could it be that they want more light?

They have red tint to their leaves for the most part, so I would not think so. They are a bottom rack in my g/h on the south side... But there are a lot of them, so maybe they are shading each other, that's a possibility.

Back