What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. diatas, My Mighty Tiny Giant

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
This past summer I purchased a tiny, struggeling N. Diatas. The seller was very honest with me about it's condition. In the six months or so that we've been together it has shown me that it definitly likes my conditions, but, I haven't figured everything out yet.
The ruler upright in the pot is buried to the one inch mark. From the top of the media to the top of the highest pitcher is 3.5 inches. At it's widest point the plant is 3" across.
Right now it has nine inflated pitchers with two more forming.
The older pitchers are green with a hint of red shading and are fairly toothless while the younger pitchers are redder and show tooth growth. I don't know if this has to do with the age of the plant, the lighting or genetics as I understand there are two varities being cloned.
It is also growing a basal.
The oldest and largest pitcher is featured in a closeup.

expman.pl

expman.pl

expman.pl

Very nice plant!! :D
What's that green stem thingie on the right of the plants trunck ?

Very nice plant!! :D
What's that green stem thingie on the right of the plants trunck ?

coated plant wire to help keep the nep upright for the photos, i had planned to repot it and bury the stem more for stability, but now with the basal I'm not so sure

Ohhhh, it's a devilish little cutie! You're doing some great growin, Judy, and marvelous shots!

Hey hey that is awesome!

Sometimes a little bit of abuse can make any plant more interesting. It's sort of bonsaied!

That looks simply great, if that makes sense.

I love N. diatas. I will definately be getting one of these this spring. They went down significantly in price at one of the vendors. Not that they were very expensive to begin with.

Are N. diatas like easy to care for Hamatas?

That plant looks like a palm tree, its doing great and seems to be recovering!

Awww.. it loves you!

I have Neps on my wish list... just not sure which to go for first.

Back