What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N coccinea

Here are a couple pics of the first pitcher from a rooted cutting of N coccinea I got from SarraceniaScott in January. The only other neps I have are ventrata and ventricosa, so this is pretty cool to me. Just felt like sharing.

1867933Ncoccinea1.jpg

1867935Ncoccinea2.jpg

Very nice! Looks nice & healthy. Good photo, too.

man thats great!!! i still remember when i got first pitchers on all the plants that i got under my conditions...
smile_l_32.gif

Very nice. With every new pitcher there is a sense of accomplishment. Ahhhhh.

Great job! It always feels great to see another pitcher open
smile.gif

N. xcoccinea was my very first Nep and I still remember the thrill of growing it to maturity. Even though it is common, it is a very rewarding plant to grow.

Congrats! N.coccinea was one of my first CPs and it's still going strong. They're tough as nails and will live for years and years to come. It's always great watching a plant develop from juvenile to adult form while in your care....very rewarding. Hope you get more pitchers.

Well done! That's a nicely colored pitcher. I've always liked Neps with speckled pitchers.

-Ben

Thanks, guys. There are at least two more pitchers on the way from what I can tell - so, lots of speckling yet to come!

Jason

Back