What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n. burkei update

uphwiz

jimmy
its been 7 months since i gave this nep coffee.
It is my first nep., and was so weak and puny for a very long time but after the coffee, it has been growing and producing, fairly nice pitchers for months , im thinking its time for another treatment , the pitchers are now reaching three inches , man it took for ever to get here , but all the growth and pitcher making only happened since the coffee. before that the pitchers were almost solid white and less than 1/4", and that was all it produced for nearly a year and a half,
IMHO ,its becoming a real beauty now .:blush:
IMG_2308.jpg
IMG_2310.jpg
IMG_2312.jpg
IMG_2313.jpg

Forget being humble; your plant is beautiful, Jimmy, and mine haven't even sent out their Summer pitchers yet . . .

Wow, what a turn around... Beautiful plant and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Oooo What a sexy plant. Love the burkei!

Looking good Jimmy!

That looks awesome! Can you say more about the "coffee treatment"? I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, but don't know anything about it.

That looks awesome! Can you say more about the "coffee treatment"? I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, but don't know anything about it.

I do it to every single one of my neps when I get them in. I flood the pot with 8oz. of room temp. coffee. Let it drain well.. then do it again every 4-6 months. Results are stellar!

Back