What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myles' lowland tank

• Thread starter mylesG
  • Start date
_____

Last edited:
Dang myles I think we just need to have an ongoing trade where when one of us has a basal ready they send it to the other person. I'm gonna try and update my nep thread soon. I've got basals out the wazzoo on my N. amp Cyclops Mts., thats the all green one with bronze pitchers when they're young.

How big does an amp have to be before producing basals? My brunei rex x harlequin is like 6-7" across now, growing fast. Not vining yet. Do they have to be in vining stage?

I really need a "lolwand" tank so I can get me some amps!

All hail the ampullaria king :hail:. Awesome to see someone devoting an entire tent to lowlanders. I've been into them more and more lately.. you need to stick a few more in there: sumatrana, rowanae, campanulata, and northiana to name a few.

Wonderful!

thanks lil! il be sitting here dreaming of your germinating brown amps til they are ready haha. so exciting that you are having success!

Dang myles I think we just need to have an ongoing trade where when one of us has a basal ready they send it to the other person. I'm gonna try and update my nep thread soon. I've got basals out the wazzoo on my N. amp Cyclops Mts., thats the all green one with bronze pitchers when they're young.

i wants a bronze one yes i do :D this spring we should be able to swap a few basals for sure. thinking of removing the borneo sunset and beginning the rooting process in the next month or two.

How big does an amp have to be before producing basals? My brunei rex x harlequin is like 6-7" across now, growing fast. Not vining yet. Do they have to be in vining stage?

if seems to vary alot. my green seedling was only about 5 inches across when it shot out a couple basals and my lime twist was about 7-8 inches when i noticed its basals. i planted mine a tiny bit low in thhe medium so the stem stays moist and slightly covered. deems to promote basaling just like having the stem laying horizontal on the medium. defintely no need for em to be vining

I really need a "lolwand" tank so I can get me some amps!

my lowland tank is so much easier to keep compared to the highlanders. in the summer the lights alone heat the area plenty and in the winter all i use is a reptile heating cord hung around the perimeter to supplement the lights' heat. nothin to it but to do it

All hail the ampullaria king :hail:. Awesome to see someone devoting an entire tent to lowlanders. I've been into them more and more lately.. you need to stick a few more in there: sumatrana, rowanae, campanulata, and northiana to name a few.

i ordered an ampullaria orangef rom wistuba and i am going too be getting a cpl basals from mc when the time comes. i plan to eventually have the whole becnh covered in amps with the rest hanging above :)

was gunna get a campy from wistuba but there was only one left n im letting mc get it. i am getting the following:

Nepenthes hirsuta (Borneo)
Nepenthes ventricosa (Philippines)
Nepenthes danseri (Waigeo)
Nepenthes ampullaria orange (Tayeve, Irian Jaya)
Nepenthes kongkandana (Chana, Thailand)
Nepenthes andamana (Ta Kuapa, Thailand)
Nepenthes chang (Thailand)
Nepenthes longifolia (Kelog Sembilan)
Nepenthes sanguinea (Gunung Ulu Kali, Peninsula Ma
Nepenthes macfarlanei (Genting Highlands, Peninsul
Nepenthes bokorensis (Mt. Bokor, Cambodia)
Nepenthes khasiana (India)
Nepenthes singalana (Sumatra)
Nepenthes carunculata (G. Sago)
Nepenthes macrophylla (Gunung Trusmadi, Borneo)
Nepenthes peltata (Mt. Hamiguitan)
Nepenthes tomoriana (Tomori Bay, Sulawesi)

not all lowlanders but the vast majority are. gunna have quite the group!

_____

Last edited:
You're welcoming for cutting your growspace in half with all those plants :D

you, sir, have some mighty fine amps :D

to be fair, im yet to hang them from the rafters :p i got lazy after potting all those monsters up :lol:

thanks so much lime, i started with a few amps last spring and my LL collection has snuck up to be respectable even when compared to my HL city hahaha

thanks alot iwest! and also, your auction items freakin rocked :D i would have gotten others from you had the site not frozen but very excited about the spectabilis! who woulda thought that id fail in getting one when i have so many of its hybrids and love it as a species so much :p

Back