What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
We got two kittens from endo-doc, one is particularly annoying. We let them outside from time to time and might make them outside cats, they stay near the house and our adult cat guides them. Well, the orange tabby is the adventurous one and certainly my CP's don't like adventure. My kitten runs up and down the deck railing where my CPs are. It's so far unpotted a S. leucophylla 'titan' knocking it into some bee infested bushes along with a Venus Flytrap I got from WalMart which is doing great. Just today when I went outside this morning I noticed a pot missing and a large water tray on the deck. I looked over and my Darlingtonia pitchers were being smashed on the deck. I picked it up. A few pitchers were wrecked and it was just bad. Stupid cat! If it unpots my giant pot of Dionaea that I have... urgh! At least it won't get some of my Sarracenia. It's also plain knocked over a D. ordensis and Stylidium debile pot which are potted together, knocked over in the tray though and not unpotted, so, I just had to lean it back up, but still... could have been a lot worse.

I'm finally a victim of CP hating cats!

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with the kitties. But anytime you take a baby animal into your home, you have to baby-proof your house just the same as you do when you have a human baby and have to lock up cabinets and plug electrical outlets. Kitties and puppies play rambunctiously and the whole world is one big adventure. I know its frustrating and annoying...I went through hell when my dog was a pup. But its still up to you to make sure your plants are protected. The kitties and just being kitties. They don't understand what the plants are.

Try to kitten-proof as much as possible and give firm "NO!"s when appropriate. They will eventually outgrow a lot of the silliness. But also enjoy it while you can because they don't stay those cute silly kittens very long. :)

I hope your plants recover quickly.

Grow a big ol' pot of catnip and set it to the side of your growing area.

Worked for me! :) Stopped them from chewing on most of my dews.

But anytime you take a baby animal into your home, you have to baby-proof your house just the same as you do when you have a human baby and have to lock up cabinets and plug electrical outlets.

I had to wife proof my CPs.

xvart.

Heck, one of my cats ate my VFT that I had. Just woke up one day and found leaves and traps all thrown up all over the place.

Back