What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

for those who said my growrack wouldnt work well....hehehehe

I will get pics of my temperates come spring lol. everything is dormant, so here we go. this will probably have to be broken up into a couple posts XD it is by no means my full collection.

first, a few of my favorite pings.(im not a major ping person lol)
P. Agnata
pingsanddrosera004.jpg

pingsanddrosera003.jpg

P. Ehlersiae
pingsanddrosera002.jpg

P. x Titan
pingsanddrosera001.jpg

(ill post pics of the other pings later)

a couple Drosera, not a major Drosera person either...
Pot of D. Tokaiensis and Spatulata
pingsanddrosera005.jpg

D. Capensis 'Red'(D. Roseana to the side)
Helidewsaristo001.jpg

Baby D. Filiformis
pingsanddrosera006.jpg

Now for some Neps....ill start that in the second

N. Aristolochioides
Helidewsaristo004.jpg

N. Bongso
smallnepupdate11-5-08007.jpg

N. Lowii (i have some great expectation for this new pitcher)
smallnepupdate11-5-08002.jpg

N. Hamata TC Wistuba clone 3, despite nearly almost going to the grave, it rebounded, and put out 3 leaves in a month and is inflating 3 pitchers o_O
smallnepupdate11-5-08005.jpg

N. Hamata Seedgrown BE
This plant is quite vigorous!!! I got it back in September, and it has since opened 2 pitchers, inflating a 3rd, and opening yet another leaf
smallnepupdate11-5-08004.jpg

N. Glabrata BE
glabrataupdated10-5-08001.jpg

glabrataupdated10-5-08002.jpg

N. Truncata 'Pasian Highland'
This plant is fast!!! New pitcher went from 3/4 of an inch, to 2 1/2" in a week!
Truncata-1.jpg

N. Sibuyanensis
smallnepupdate11-5-08001.jpg

and my only Heli
H. Minor
Helidewsaristo003.jpg

Looking very good there!

You're doing very well! Is LFS just the top dressing?

Lfs is the top dressing for all but the heliamphora, which is pure lfs and a little bit of perlite.

You need to pull out the reeds from the sphagnum pronto. It is nasty stuff that will turn your pot into a solid brick of roots in no time short. They will suck the water and life out of your CP's...

Yeah I've been working on it. Its a pain for sure. I hate dried lfs sometimes. Lol

If the LFS is a top dressing what's the rest of your mix? Everything is looking nice.

It varies. If you look at the glabrat experiment thread, I posted what I use for my mix primarily.

They grow up so fast :cry:

They're loving that grow rack! Can't wait for more updates :)

Woah, I guess I forgot to comment in here!
Anywho...
Great plants and pictures. Like others have said, I can't wait for updates.

how do you get humidity so high?
what is the design of the "door" to you rack?

The growrack is a simple cold frame from lowes, runs at around 30-40 dollars I think. It comes with a plastic greenhouse cover with a zip open door. I ziptied the lights to the bottom of the shelves, 4x 24" 20watt fluorescent lights on the nep rack, and only 2 on the ping and drosera rack, there are also some utrics on that rack. The trays for the pings and dews are filled with an inch of water, which is heated by the lights below on the nep rack, and the lights above causing the humidity to rise, and I have a small desk fan in there to circulate air. temps in the day are at average, around 75F and at night, around 50F. I have a box fan in my bedroom window that I use to pull the cold air in from outside, cooling down my room and growrack. I run my lights from 6am to 10pm.

Back