What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My favorite Ping!

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
Recently I put a picture of my P. laueana on here and I just wanted to show everyone that it's still flowering. The old flower has moved on and is being replaced with two more. There is also another two on the way!
I couldn't get a really god shot, it was a bit windy outside.
Hope you like.
JMatt

dsc05353i.jpg

dsc05355nv.jpg

I don't get it! Mine, an adult plant, had winter leaves throughout the fall and winter, emerging with the growth mode ones - and no inclination to flower. And you have 2!

I don't get it! Mine, an adult plant, had winter leaves throughout the fall and winter, emerging with the growth mode ones - and no inclination to flower. And you have 2!

Life just isn't fair, is it?

I really don't know what to say?
I just grow it in my basement, right along with my highland neps too.
I grew it down there all threw the winter. I think it might have even dipped
down to 48 degrees some times. Maybe it's just begging for warmer weather!
I have other Pings down there too. They are all very tightly packed, probably wanting warmer temps?
JMatt

I think that mine just didn't get cold enough for the winter. Maybe next year...

Love the red!

I have several adult laueana also that have never bloomed...until NOW! I finally have one that is sending up a flower. I put it out in my greenhouse (its been under lights) during the winter in a cool spot with low light & kept it mostly dry & kept it there for about 6-8 weeks. It started to look like crap so i brought it back in under lights & now, about 6 weeks later, its flowering!!
who knew?!

Gorgeous! I really would like to grow this plant as well.

Back