What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mother's Day Gift

theyellowdart

sea bear returns!
Hey guys.

I just thought I'd share what I picked up for my Mom the other day at Lowes for Mothers Day.
It's a Phal x Brother Sara Gold with beautiful colors.

SN852406.jpg

SN852409.jpg

SN852410.jpg

SN852393.jpg

SN852405.jpg

SN852403.jpg

I had gone the day before I bought it on Monday to go take a look at some other things when this plant caught my eye. One of it's flowers was broken off, so I took it home to show my Mom. She really liked it, so I went back the next day to buy it.
When I went back on Tuesday and asked a guy that worked there how much it was, he replied with "ooo, this one's expensive....$25 dollars." I told him it was alright and that I didn't have that kind of money right now (I really am broke. lol). I also explained I was trying to find a Mother's Day present and that my Mom liked this orchid. The guy asked me how much I was looking to spend and I told him 15 dollars. He said, "Alright, I'll give it to you for that. I lost my mother in 2004." I felt pretty bad and kept asking him if he was sure he wanted to cut the price... but he just insisted.
What a nice guy. I really didn't expect or believe it.

What did you guys get your Mothers this year?

And happy Mothers Day to everyone's Mothers and any Mothers on here.

I gave my mom the turtle lamp i won in the auction :3

i gave my mom a turtle shaped soap i made LOL

Err...lol
well, my moms bday was the 9th so we kinda combined both her bday and her mothers day presents...
i cleaned the house thoroughly top to bottom
dinner
then a Bret Michaels concert....shes a freak about him :\

i made chorizo y blueberry waffles, a specialty of mine. Sounds weird, tastes amazing. got her a CP boquet. Nothing to outlandish.

Sounds interesting Frankie. How do you combine the two? In the batter?

Cool book, Jason.

my mom in KY got a long distance call from me with a happy mothers day greeting. what an awesome son she has!

~billy

Back