What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mixed Petiolaris

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I happened to have the above 3 species flowering at the same time and I was hoping that my hand-pollinating efforts would produce something viable.

100_8472.jpg

100_8470.jpg

but...these arent petiolaris dews o.o;;;

but...these arent petiolaris dews o.o;;;
Jim,
I've got to say that was my thought also. Even as a hybrid (& under weak lighting), I don't know what petios would cross and produce offspring that look like D. spatulata ... :scratch:

I'd suspect that pesky "Jacoby" D. spatulata. It gets around if you aren't careful.

But isn't the flower pretty? Honest, the scapes were from from petios.

Hey Jim, I forgot to mention that to you- the mixed petios i got from you were D. var. Jacoby :/
But no worries. Looks like you might have some D. natalensis in that pot too lol.

Okay.... D. roundandstickia!

Bwah Bwah Bwah... Spathulata again!

so far with petiolaris group hybrids it doesn't seem to difficult to see the influence of either parents. Seems to get you something halfway in between.

D. falconeri X ordensis seedlings
DSC_00180010.jpg

D. kenneallyi X ordensis mature plant
DSC_00090001_4.jpg

My things are spatulata. They're not spatulate-shaped. Some have more of a capillaris or rotundifolia shape. If anything, they most closely resemble D. falconeri. I'm pretty sure I got seeds from brown pods (not typical black). Nonetheless, I can't prove or disprove what they are or aren't.

Well the white flowered one is Drosera spatulata from Ahipara Gumfields New Zealand. I'd recognize that face anywhere as I distributed a ton of that seed back in the day. It's a great alpine species that is shy to color up, but does equally well in warmer conditions.

I'd also agree with Aaron, the other plants on the photobucket are good for Drosera natalensis.

LOL! I haven't had Ahiapara since you sent me seeds, back in 2004!

Heh, I sent Tamlin a tiny amount of the Ahiapara D. spat seed a few weeks ago.

Okay... it' official: they're sundews!

Back