What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mer Bleue bog june 30th 2010

Hey everyone! I just went for a quick trip the the Mer Bleue Bog near or in Ottawa!

It was really fun. I spotted tons of D. rotundifolia, and my mom did too. :D The colours on them were gorgous, and there were some pretty big ones. Also, there were bazillions of seedlings...

And the sphagnum! There was soooo much and soo many different varieties!! Big sphagnum, green, deep red, orange, yellow, and even purpley sphagnum!! I didn't get pics of it all, because we were in a hurry to get somewhere else... but got some nice shots.. tons of shots.

Here they are!
a bird...
038.JPG

some rotundis
041.JPG

039.JPG

they were pretty much all in flower
044.JPG

045.JPG

048.JPG

trees blending in.
054.JPG

this is the only landscape pic I took, because the rest of the time I was too focused on the dews.
055.JPG

056.JPG

057.JPG

058.JPG

063.JPG

064.JPG

where's waldo? ;D
067.JPG

068.JPG

069.JPG

070.JPG

074.JPG

075.JPG

076.JPG

a really cool fighter plane thing flying close to the ground
078.JPG

079.JPG

081.JPG

082.JPG

086.JPG

088.JPG

092.JPG

095.JPG

096.JPG

100.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

Petmantis told me this is Utricularia macrorhiza. :-D
110.JPG

donno what this is either, I think it's from the lily pad things.
118.JPG

I cropped a lots of these pics on picasa... so maybe I'll post those on friday too.

Thanks for looking!

whoa whoa wee wahh!!! very nice dude.

How cool is that, wish I had some natural cp habitats nearby. Those are some great shots too. Thanks for taking pics!

What are those black pods on the LFS? I've got them all over on my live stuff now.. Mostly in my mini-bog, but some inside my grow box too.
pS.. I love that last pic in the first section!

What are those black pods on the LFS? I've got them all over on my live stuff now.. Mostly in my mini-bog, but some inside my grow box too.
pS.. I love that last pic in the first section!

Sphagnum sporophytes.

not a fighter jet ;P but a boeing C-17
very nice photos, i cant wait to get back out to the rotund bog here

yeah someone told me on FTC that it's a C-17, thanks. :)

Here are some cropped pictures.

068.JPG

069.JPG

070.JPG

070-1.JPG

072.JPG

Wow Devon, you got some photography skills there, every pic is nice and sharp. Wonderful set.

Great pictures; sure looks like you had fun... Thanks for sharing!

Thankyou very much larry and ellison!

Wow very nice! All I can say!

Back