What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meadowview Grant - "Pitchers for the Public!"

Hi Folks:

We just got a grant from a local foundation in Fredericksburg for our proposal to protect Virginia Sarracenia purpurea genotypes on our 3 acre preserve in central Virginia (we're in a fund drive to pay off the balance on the note, $10K). Here's the link to the story:
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2011/022011/02032011/604803

We should have more details about the grant proposal on our web site www.pitcherplant.org in a few days.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Thank you for being proactive!

Excellent news from an excellent organization! I'm very glad to hear that good things are happening in the carnivorous plant world.

Yay! The Pepsi contest didn't ruin your results! Glad to hear it.

That's GREAT SAVE THE PICTHER PLANTS!

I saw this on my smart phone and caused a lot of confusion among my friends in a late night car ride. Excellent news!

Hi Folks:

Good news! We received the official letter that our proposal, "Pitchers for the Public!" will be funded. The final rubber stamp committee meets next Tuesday. The grant of $56,500, from the Virginia Land Conservation Foundation, will pay 50% of the cost of purchasing the 14 acre Gatewood/Wilson tract and pay off the note on 3 acre Sheridan tract as part of our Central Virginia Preserve. See 2009 newsletter for details.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Good News! Save the pitchers!

Lance

Awesome! The CNU chapter of Kappa Pi, the honorary art fraternity, will be holding a student art sale in the fall/winter that will be going towards Meadowview. We held the vote for our philanthropy early this week and Meadowview won by a long shot. I was very surprised. Hopefully we'll be able to get the Photography Club, Botany Club, TriBeta, and Ecology Club to help out to.

2011 is looking to be a good year for grants and donations.

Hi Folks:

Received grant award of $10,000 from Duff McDuff Green, Jr Fund from Community Foundation of the Rappahanock River Region. Grant: "Pitchers for the Public!" will fund signs, tools, benches, and hardwood removal from Central Va Preserve. Let me know if you want to come and see the preserve this year.

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan, Ph.D.
Director
Meadowview Biological
Research Station

Back