What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
You are clearly a skilled grower, sir! Kudos.

Wow, that is incredible! You sure can grow em! Even the Sphagnum, is the most incredible thing... Just mind blowing!

IMO, your picture updates are one of the greatest things on this forum! Always some amazing new pitchers to see! Your Nepenthes are like, the girl next door!

:hail: i lurked after your update but never posted. your updates are always magical but with your new additions... dear god.

the N. lowii x 'Sabre Dark Cherry' has so much potential my brain can't handle it :boogie:

seriously considering replicating this setup due to space issues and how well your plants grow. do you have problems with mold from excessive humidity? what are your humidifier perimeters?

haha thanks, guys. If I were more of an emoticon user, I'd have selected the blush icon by now. I really appreciate it.

@amph: My humidity varies a bit more than some of the other set-ups people describe. I don't let my humidifier run at night - save the 15 minute intervals that occur three times throughout the night - and keep the window directly behind the rack open, so the humidity tends stay in the 60% to 70% range (although it will drop lower if it's colder outside). To give you an idea, today my hygrometer shows the max humidity was 93% (which likely occurred while the humidifier was on during one of the 15 minute night-time intervals, so is more or less irrelevant) and the low 62% (this figure is usually in the mid 50s).

Due to this fluctuation, my plants are never wet for prolonged periods of time and are therefore not affected by mold (with the exception of the odd bit growing on an old pitcher that has been producing too much nectar around its peristome (but even this rarely happens)). When I was originally trying to figure out the ideal timings for the humidifier, I set it to turn on for three hours straight during the night and there were signs of mold growth. Most gardeners know not to water plants before sunset, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

Let me know if I've elucidated this well enough, since I tend to explain things better in the morning.

sounds good. thanks very much for the elaboration.

Wow great set-up mato! Love the last photo.

I must agree with the masses! Everything is looking great Mato and nice update.

Any updates? Its been long enough!

Love your plants and setup! Didnt realize n. stenophylla was so beautiful. And how lovely is n glabrata, I love mine, second time I've grown it. Looking forward to updates!

Over the last 7 or 8 months, many new plants have been added and adjustments made to the grow rack (LEDs, smaller, taller pots, more timers..). Yesterday, I received a large order from Europe containing plants from Wistuba and a couple of private growers. I decided it was a good time to remove all of the plants and lay down some "egg crate" lighting panels, as the rust accumulating on the shelves was starting to worry me. At 4 am, I decided I was finished. Needless to say, it was a pain in the [donkey], but it afforded me an opportunity to perform some basic maintenance and sort out plants that will likely end up on ebay. It was also a nice excuse to post an update ;)

N. vogelii

N. veitchii x lowii

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/89948184@N02/8443037603/]

N. spectabilis x hamata and N. x trusmadiensis clone 2

N. veitchii K

N. rajah

N. alba

N. singalana Belirang

N. sibuyanensis x (spectabilis x aristolochioides)

N. macrophylla

N. macrophylla aw

N. macrophylla and N. villosa

N. hamata Katopasa sg

N. singalana x hamata

N. lowii x Sabre Dark Cherry

Nepenthes

N. jamban

N. jamban

N. tentaculata

N. tenuis

N. bongso

N. mira

N. ramispina

N. inermis

N. lowii Murud

N. eymae x x trusmadiensis

N. spectabilis x hamata

N. jacquelineae

N. muluensis

N. muluensis

N. burbidgeae Kinabalu sg

N. burbidgeae Kinabalu sg

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana

N. rafflesiana x x trusmadiensis

N. mikei

N. glabrata

N. glabrata

N. robcantleyi

N. robcantleyi

N. diatas

N. ephippiata

N. ephippiata

N. alba (sold as gracillima)

N. campanulata aw

N. campanulata aw

N. xiphioides

N. rigidifolia

N. rigidifolia

N. naga

N. talangensis

N. taminii

Damn dude.. amazing stuff.. Everything looks great.

Amazing plants mato! I really like the Nepenthes glabrata :)

I'm in awe..dare I say, you have one of the best Nep collections anywhere, you have every single nepenthes I've ever dreamed of growing, and some I'll never be able to get my hands on. I salute you.:usa2:

That was quite an upload! Your eddie looks very similar to mine.

seriously crazy collection mato. this is in your living room, right? you must be giving your girlfriend some really good reasons to let you stay. :wink:

awesome plants man :) I really like the platy.. and everything else as well.

Sweet update mato, wow!

Back