What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making the most of office space

• Thread starter LeafKirby
  • Start date
Nice, glad to hear you're happy with their progress!!

I totally get how one would want their workspace to be orderly but if my growing areas had to be neat and tidy I would be completely shut down. ;)

Yes sir! My grow spaces are definitely not. I prefer the jungle over serfectly separate plants growing straight up. Tracking down what Nep a flower is from can be a challenge. ;):cool:

Update time. It's a MESS.

Had to repot the Nep, which is slowly becoming too big. It basically takes up all the space in the glass now. Not sure what I'm gonna do about everything else.

My D. binata changed to a multi form immediately after being repotted. Very strange.

20231201_143256.jpg

I think all D. binata looks like t form when young, so it probably just matured. I recently picked up one that's supposed to be T form, we will see!!!

I've clearly bitten off more than I can chew with this Nep. I've had turn 3 sides of its tank into reflectors using aluminum foil to keep it at that 3000+ lux. D. adelae is suffering and could use the extra light. The other two plants have been moved to the windowsill to fend for themselves.

20240327_015512.jpg

That said, I'm still thinking about getting more plants haha. Maybe Cephalotus for something smaller? Hopefully it'll be able to have its own lights. Probably a few pygmy sundews too.

Last edited:
As we all know, small collections of plants tend to get bigger with time. :)

I'm of the opinion that D. adelae is at its best when grown in lower light. The leaves get big and wide and plants can be pretty impressive, looking like ground-hugging regias with wide leaves. I've seen the "giant" form plants get to larger than a foot across without being flimsy or weak-looking. The big ones get cool wavy margins on their leaves.

This adalae had pretty much no growth, so this was a bit of an emergency light fix.

If/When I do end up getting Cephalotus, I'll probably room it together with the adalae and just keep on culling the clones. I do have space for one more tank at my desk, but I'd rather save that for a VFT or Heliamphora.

My next update will probably be a month after everything recovers and I buy something new. It's been a surprising little the challenge. I've even given a few clones to coworkers.

Back