What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost pics ???

uphwiz

jimmy
where do the pics in a thread go , i thought i could use these threads for progress pics, but in most threads I post , after a month or so the pics just seem to disappear , am i posting too many pics, :blush:are the moderators, deleting them to make more room for other posted pics????anyone ?

Where are you hosting the pics? An example thread would be helpful.

I went into this thread:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121714

and looked at the HTML source code..
the code for two images is still in the first post..

here is one of them:

http://cpforums.org/gallery/d/32587-2/IMG_1435-1.jpg

however when I attempt to open one I get an error that says:

"Security Violation
The action you attempted is not permitted."

looks like there is some kind of script problem with cpforums.org..
something needs to be fixed there..

your photos probably still exist..(can you still see them in your album?
I tried looking for your album, but im not sure where it is..)

they probably havent been deleted..
but they arent linking properly here..
something is broken at cpforums.org it seems..

Scot

-disregard- confused it with cpuk forum

Last edited:
Scotty, I did the same thing. The error says the image is not there....
Item not found.

Back to the Gallery
Error Detail -
Error (ERROR_MISSING_OBJECT) : Missing object for 32587

cpforums.org is mine and it works great for everything I do and have not heard any complaints except for this.... I would say for Jimmy to go to his album, and see if the picture that are supposed to be in that thread are still hosted there, if not... he deleted them. http://cpforums.org/gallery/v/jimmy+conner/ I don't see an image_1435 there....

OK the photos in question were in the terra forum gallery the thread in question is laelia , Little Sunset.
but now im thinking , as the albums in the terra forum gets too full , i do empty to make room for more pics, is that all your allowed. and could that be why the pics here disappear.
is there a way to load more pics there, my album has been full for quite some time.

Guess I should go ahead and say... photos there are never deleted by anyone but yourself. There is a quota but it will tell you that you have met quota and not just randomly delete things... and if you do hit, chances are you can ask for more :D I see pictures still hosted from way before that topic, and after.. but none for that date.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Wow, you're hitting the quota on just 3 pages? Some setting is off.. some how you are uploading images that are larger than 1/2mb each.. I'll have to look into the settings, something is off there... I'll increase the quota a bit too. When I make the change, it will downgrade anything above the new quota, but I doubt you are posting 800px size pictures anyway....
Andrew

Yes it did tell me that i had no more room :blush:, but i still wanted to post another pic and deleted them myself, Im quite slow , wondered why some one was vexing me , people kept asking where the pics were LOL. :-))
sorry, i now understand, but does this mean i cant load more pics on to new threads here , without losing the others in threads of past?
Is there a way to create a new album ,

I have upped the quota and will play with some other things to help save on size.... I know for each photo uploaded 3 variations are made. I have changed that so only 2 variations are made/used so that should free up some space too... I don't think anyone was using the 400px version anyway, I know I only use the 600px or 800px. So these things all together should set you up better.... but again, let me know if it seems like space is going away quickly (before it happens) and we'll try to figure it out :)
Andrew

As for quotas, why is it you can only have 75 messages? One regular sized pic seems like it would take up more space than that, and it get's really annoying even with just regular use... even more if you want to keep track of trades or SASEs.

You can download your PMs if you wish to do so. Bottom right corner of your PM page. I save them to a text file, and then they are even searchable.... Of course, thank you members get 200 pms, I will also note that both quotas are up for question (by myself) but I'm not promising any changes on either or giving a time frame for that.

As for quotas, why is it you can only have 75 messages? One regular sized pic seems like it would take up more space than that, and it get's really annoying even with just regular use... even more if you want to keep track of trades or SASEs.

If you became a green member, meaning buying something 10$+ (without shipping), from Flytrapshop.com then you can have 200. I'm sure Andy has his reasons as to keeping quotas.. as there are a lot of people that visit the forums daily.

im green

Yes you are :) we were talking to silenceisgod who jumped in with a PM quota question.

Back