What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello fellow Nep enthusiasts!

There are a few Neps I have wanted to grow for quite some time so I am hoping to be able to find them from fellow forumers.....I am looking for my most wanted Neps so I will be very interested in any of the following and will be happy with anything from seeds, seedlings, fresh cuttings, rooted cuttings, etc:

Species:
N. jacquelineae
N. tentaculata
N. macrophylla
N. aristolochioides
N. platychila
N. longifolia
N. hamata
N. edwardsiana (hey, I can dream cant I....actually, I think I will pass out due to pure excitement if I ever see one in person!)

Hybrids:
N. ventricosa x lowii
N. x dyeriana (one of the all time greats in my opinion)

Please contact me if you have any of these avaiable so we can try to work something out.

Now, before everyone jumps all over this post asking me if I know the proper requirements for a few of these plants, etc, etc, I will state this, I am fully aware of the growing requirements of ALL the plants listed above and I am fully capable of providing them with their required environments year round....some people may run out on a whim to get what they want without knowing anything more than what it looks like but I never get anything (from shoes to plants) unless I know as much about them as possible. I am aware that my search will most likely be a long and slow search before I am able to get ahold of all my most wanted Neps so I am prepared to be patient. I have held out on searching for these plants until I was possitive that I could care for them properly so please be assured that I am not a Nepenthes maniac running around getting Neps that will just die in my care.....that would be ignorance at its finest....

Thanks for taking the time to listen to me ramble and I hope I can eventually get ahold of all the above Neps!

Happy growing;
Victoria

Last edited:
I just realized that aaddaam posted looking for a N. spectabilis x ventricosa before I did so he should get first dibs if anyone has one. Sorry about that aaddaam.

Happy growing;
Victoria

its ok i think i found a source.

Pmed

I think I'm that source. I've got a lot of them... flowering size.

Never mind on my PM then ;).

yep jeff you are my source.

Adam, you have a new pm. ;)

Crissytal, are you looking for a female one to go with your male one? Cause I know that mine's male, sorry.

Let me know via email if you still want it. I'm at 6wongsljp@gmail.com .

Thanks!

I was actually offering Victoria a cutting from mine. Yours seems to be a better deal :).

I'd like to find a female for mine...a female anything. I'm only going to give it a week, if no hits I'm going to start chopping it. I was going to take cuttings weeks ago, then I had that mite issue, then it decided to flower. It's too BIG lol.

Crystal

AHH... sorry... I scrolled up a bit to see who I was replying to, and I saw your name, and that's what I typed down. :blush:

No worries :D. I think it was a bit unclear who I was replying to.

So far I have been able to work out a trade for a spectabilis x ventricosa. I am still looking for the others.

Happy growing;
Victoria

Back