What's new

Looking for nepenthes pollen

dionae

sarracenia lover
Hi. I have a female N. ventrata x alata flowering and was curious if anyone had any extra pollen. Split the seeds 50/50, of course. Thanks!

Last edited:
All I've got is N. ventricosa "red", so it would be almost like remaking the original ventrata, but still might get some variation.....

Looks like it. Those appear a lot longer than they were when the flowers opened, so either the pollination was a success or we've got one of those rare fakers out there.

dionae

sarracenia lover
Good. We should have lots of seed then. Fingers crossed its not faking it.

Looks like you have a male Miranda, just like mine. I've heard the males are sterile, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.....
And the seed pods are looking great!

Yep, there's something growing in those pods. Looks like it's time for all the mirandas to flower, too, as I'm collecting pollen on mine right now...

dionae

sarracenia lover
I'm thinking about cutting the flower off of my miranda. I mean, who wants miranda pollen?

I'd love to have a miranda/truncata hybrid though.

I'm thinking about cutting the flower off of my miranda. I mean, who wants miranda pollen?

I'd love to have a miranda/truncata hybrid though.

I think there ought to be a lot more Miranda hybrids, but I'm thinking the fact that the common clone is sterile has a lot to do with it. If I end up with my clone being "sterile", at least I still have a mixta flowering as well.