What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I had a rough winter, for a variety of reasons and am trying to get some plants back into the collection:

I lost all of my VFT's and cobra lily, D. adelae, D. prolifera, D. falconeri, D. ordensis,... spatulata, capillaris,
rotundifolia, intermedia, burmannii. gypsicola, cyclosecta, gracilis, Aldrovanda, Schnell's Ghost, Leah Wilkerson, wriggleyiana.

I have extra P. moctezumae, P. moctezumae x gigantea, P. esseriana, D. venusta, D. natalensis plants, as well as D. indica and D. capensis seeds.

Those are some tough losses, Jim. I lost all my VFTs here as well and a few expensive pitcher plants. I have lots of D. intermedia seed that I wouldn't mind swapping for D. indica. If leaf cuttings are able to be sent in standard envelopes and remain viable I wouldnt mind snipping off a few D. intermedia leaves to speed up the process. Just let me know.

Man, that really stinks. I could send you some D. dichotoma 'Giant' leaves to help your Drosera collection recover, if you're interested.

PM me you address and I can send you a D. spatulata.

Im in MA so i feel yr pain, we lost more then half our program plants and i lost almost all my personal cactus collection i used to show the kids :( its very hard to start over again, i kno personally have had to go through it twice already and im still barely up to full speed on my programs end.. Nevermind myself! I wish u the best i really wish i had something u were looking for that i could spare :) best of luck sorry to hear about yr loses

You pay for shipping And I can give you all the vft and adelae you want! Maybe a few more on the list.

Wow that sounds like an awsome deal!! I wish i could get in on that hahaha ;)

Those are some tough losses, Jim. I lost all my VFTs here as well and a few expensive pitcher plants. I have lots of D. intermedia seed that I wouldn't mind swapping for D. indica. If leaf cuttings are able to be sent in standard envelopes and remain viable I wouldnt mind snipping off a few D. intermedia leaves to speed up the process. Just let me know.

Eric,

I can send you D. indica seeds.

You pay for shipping And I can give you all the vft and adelae you want! Maybe a few more on the list.

I'm going to be getting D. adelae. What VFT hybrids do you have?

Im in MA so i feel yr pain, we lost more then half our program plants and i lost almost all my personal cactus collection i used to show the kids :( its very hard to start over again, i kno personally have had to go through it twice already and im still barely up to full speed on my programs end.. Nevermind myself! I wish u the best i really wish i had something u were looking for that i could spare :) best of luck sorry to hear about yr loses

LOL! You either have cats or your name is Katherine, or something to that effect. I started out by scarfing up what I could find at Lowes and Home Depot. I stumbled upon Terraforums while googling pictures of the plants I bought, that I couldn't ID from the names the pots had on them, as well as the pictures from CP books, where there were just too many plants that looked too much alike. From the discussion forum, I got in on as many trading post offerings I could. There's a lot of generosity, here, which is what you are seeing on this thread. Collectively speaking, well getcha started. I've got sundew seeds I can share.

Typicals. Got about 20 I keep forgetting to water

Hey Jim - do you still need 'LW'?

Haha i get asked if my name's Kathleen or katie or katrina all the time, its actually just KAT - i think my mother wanted too DOOM me for the rest of my life by having to tell ppl that my name is not katie its just KAT! Lol

Yes alot of nice ppl on hear very supportive and kind ppl aswell :)

And...yess.. I do have Cats lol hahaha

I may have some seeds of droseras you may want to grow i have a seed list in the grow list section under : Katastrophes seed list (what i have) - or something like that lol! Mostly non cps but i do have some listed :) that youd like to trade a ping for or maybe some i have to share just because :)

Last edited:
Looking......

Yes!

Any Maine Coon cats?

Back