What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lizard question

My poor Dino looks horrible!She is shedding for the first time.Poor thing looks like death
smile_n_32.gif
Here are some pics.And one question.When Chams shed,do they eat less?Cause this morning is when she started to shed,and I noticed she didn't eat her breakfast,and she left it all day.Then finally tonight I noticed she ate a few,so I was worried but I was thinking it was cause she was shedding.So is it normal for them to eat less when they shed?Thanks
smile.gif
~Niki~
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2963/poordino0015hz.jpg
Look at this next pic...that's supposed to be her head!
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/8075/poordino0044zc.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5237/poordino0074rg.jpg

Awww how cute! Shedding is tough work! Here we have no himidity at all and my Cham has an open-like cage. His first shed was horrible! I had to stay home from school(shhh) and soak him and rub with qtips ALL day. His shed went ready bad, but ever since he has been fine and able to do it alone. She look slike shes doing good.
And yeah lizards eat their skin so they arn't hungry for awhile. Some chams do and some don't. Mine eats about half and doesn't eat crix for 2 days after.

So should I watch her to make sure she can shed by herself?I don't want her to lose a toe or tail or limb
smile_h_32.gif
I would be devastated!But i gotta work tomorrow,darn!Thanks tinky!
smile_m_32.gif
~Niki~

She looks really young, but I'm sure Dino will shed with no problem
smile.gif
.   Just make sure she drinks well and has adequate humidity to help the process.
The older she gets the quicker the process will be.  One of my female veileds sheds completely in just a few hours, the other female usually takes one day. I don't think you need to worry too much about the loss of limb, toe or tail during a shed.  Post another picture with her new pretty colors after her shed!

They change colors after they shed??So that's why she's a dark green now!
smile_n_32.gif
I just thought she was in a bad mood,lol.Good to know.She is almost done shedding.She did great I think,and I'm so thankful for that.I think she's getting used to me now.She doesn't hiss at me or open her mouth anymore when I try to kiss her.Yes I kiss my lizard...don't u?~Niki~
smile_m_32.gif

Haha.. Niki you are quite cute. I actually did kiss my chams tail when he was young. If I tryed now I probably would end up with no lips. *lol* She should do fine. But like you I was paranoid about losing a toe and such! Plus he was having a bad shed and it took around 3 days. But like Luna said, the older they get the faster it'll be and it's true. And yes they seem brighter after a nice shed. And she hisses at you already? Haha, small little girl.

Me cute?No way!
smile_n_32.gif
I kiss all my pets,and Dino is included
smile_n_32.gif
Yeah the little squirt already hisses at me,I guess I really scared her with my big face coming towards her,lips all puckered.I would hiss too if I saw that!Yikes!But she went a dark green,so she didn't get lighter.Oh well.I think she's done tho.Thanks for the info guys! ~Niki~
cool.gif

Back