What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) LF: Drosera regia, trade for Philodendron 'Pink Princess'

• Thread starter RandyS
  • Start date
Hi, I'm looking for Drosera regia, and I can trade one of these two Philodendron Pink Princess Plants for it.

All of my 'Pink Princess' plants were propagated starting with leafless single node cuttings on sphagnum, from my mom's plant, starting on April 1st, 2022. I posted the propagation on Planet Philodendron - Monstera on Facebook. Of 25 cuttings, all but one or two gave plants, and 3 died because the initial leaves were all pink. The rest all had amazing variegation.

Both of these plants have been growing in 3 inch (10 oz) plastic cups, with a second 3 inch cup taped on top as a humidity dome. The soil would be taped down, and the plant would be shipped with the dome on top. That would protect it from most anything except extremes in temperature. The plant would have to be gradually transitioned to room air unless kept in terrarium conditions (where they do fine).

Each one of these is beautifully variegated--by far the most important consideration when getting Philodendron 'Pink Princess'. However, they both have their quirks. Plant #1 is on the small side, and perhaps the reason is obvious. Early on, it put out an entirely pink leaf, which slowed down initial growth. Plant #2 has grown against the boundary of the upper cup, and so is a bit scrunched. New leaves will fix that.

In the comments I'll also post photos of a couple larger plants of 'Pink Princess' that I've sold locally in the last week or so. I really hate to ship at that size, because they can get damaged unless packed extremely carefully. I tend to spend too much time, and use far too much tape...

I really don't have CPs to trade at the moment, but as another option I could likely assemble a collection of other interesting plants/cuttings/tubers to send as a set for a Drosera regia. I'll try to come up with a list.

By the way, this is a fun article to read on the craziness surrounding 'Pink Princess':

Attachments

• Pink Princess TF #1a.jpg
    Pink Princess TF #1a.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Pink Princess TF #1b.jpg
    Pink Princess TF #1b.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Pink Princess TF #2a.jpg
    Pink Princess TF #2a.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Pink Princess TF #2b.jpg
    Pink Princess TF #2b.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Pink Princess TF #2c.jpg
    Pink Princess TF #2c.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
These are larger plants from the same propagation which I sold locally in the last week. Neither of these is available for trade; I just wanted to give an idea of what the two above should soon look like.

Attachments

• Pink Princess Marketplace #1, 2.jpg
    Pink Princess Marketplace #1, 2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 7
  • Pink Princess Marketplace #3, 2.jpg
    Pink Princess Marketplace #3, 2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 8
Back