What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey, all. I have several small Cephalotus. I've decided to try a naturalistic terrarium with a lot of epiphytes, a wood/foam back wall, orchids, tillandsia and small bromeliads. Of course I'll still have CP's, but I'll be sticking to Drosera, a few small Nepenthes, Pinguicula and Utricularia. For what I want to do, I just won't have the media depth to make Cephalotus happy so I'd rather trade. I basically want to make a vivarium similar to Swords', minus the animals.

I'm looking for SMALL epiphytic bromeliads, SMALL epiphytic orchids, Tillandisa, and SMALL epiphytic ferns. All must tolerate warm conditions, as this tank will be lowland. All must tolerate high light, too. Also of course looking for common Drosera, Pinguicula and Utricularia Longifolia and U. calycifida woud be nice to get.

I also have pup-producing Tillandsia ionantha and a big, put-producing Tillandsia xerographica if anyone's interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple common drosera I would trade you:

D. capensis -three forms
D. spatulata -austrailia
D. venusta
and D. binata "dichotoma"

I also have Utricularia.

U livida
U. sandersonii (purple flowers)

I am interested in a Cephalotus, and I have D aliciae and U. dichotoma (purple flowers) for trade.

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

-Hermes.

For what I want to do, I just won't have the media depth to make Cephalotus happy so I'd rather trade.
I'd keep one of your small Cephs & stick it in there. Every time I try one of them in a different set of conditions, it thrives .... ???

SDCPs, your getting a Ceph from ME! Why do you need another one?!?

Alas, I wish I had anything to trade... I really want a Ceph. Then again, I think this is another plant that would just freeze solid getting shipped here. If you're REALLY interested in an all-so-rare D. capensis... let me know ;)

Oh, sorry ieat100s. Never mind Clint.

I should note that I'd want a nice sized quantity of something if it's common, or multiple common plants. I mean they're juveniles but still cephs and healhy. For example, a wouldn't go for a couple of D. capensis but i might for a big 'ole overgrown clump of them (I actually am set on D. capensis and D. adelae so don't need those lol. Just an example) Like if someone wanted to trade U. calycifida or U. longifolia, for example, I wouldn't want to open the box and be like "Realy?" Some of the plants are producing adult-formed pitchers but are just small.

Ron, I'm keeping a few, rest assured lol. I just decided to try something different than I originally thought.

Heya Clint, ive got some U. calycifida i might be able to seperate out for yah, but it might have some U. livida and U. sandersonii around with it....things are weeds >_>
ill get em under some stronger light so i can get you a nice healthy clump if your interested in it.....

I am :) I'll PM you.

Back