What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremiah's Photos - Giant Nepenthes Tour Oct 2012

What an amazing trip! Great photos, Jeremiah. I especially like the shot of "twin" Nepenthes lowii pitchers.
Well done...

Amazing! Thanks for sharing! :drool:

Dang.... Some of those alternative lowii and macrophylla shots are killer! Oh and burbidgeae, probably my most favorite nep. Looks like you guys had a blast!

These pictures are truly amazing! thank you for sharing.

those page 2 pics are fantastic.
I had no idea how large those plants and pitchers actually were until I saw you, or a hand in the shot. Truly amazing..
Thank you for bringing those remote pieces of the world to my home here in Michigan.
Absolutely amazing JH.

Great pictures of a great trip.
Would love to do that sometime....

The camp pic on page 2; is that a Hennessy hammock being put up. absolutely love mine...

Those new orchids are bizarre, but really cool looking! The miniature is amazing.
The python you saw climbing Mt. Trus Madi is definitely a reticulated python (with a distinct lack of reticulation....). The females can grow to 30 ft. long, have very sharp teeth, and a nasty attitude. Good choice keeping your distance.
The size of that N. edwardsiana is unbelievable! Love the variation on the N. attenboroughii. I had no clue they could be so dark.

Wow... so extremely jealous.

The pics are amazing, especially the edwardsianas. The shape they have reminds me a lot of those old music horns, or Aristolochia flowers (minus the teeth, of course).
And if you ever run across a retic again on your travels, don't worry about what Wire Man said: they're beautiful at a distance, and only get nasty if you try to pick one up. :D

The pics are amazing, especially the edwardsianas. The shape they have reminds me a lot of those old music horns, or Aristolochia flowers (minus the teeth, of course).
And if you ever run across a retic again on your travels, don't worry about what Wire Man said: they're beautiful at a distance, and only get nasty if you try to pick one up. :D

Pretty much. Although I have met a male tiger retic that was tame enough that children could pet him, but he was hand raised. The wild ones aren't so tolerant of people. I'm amazed that the one you saw doesn't have any yellow on it.

Wow, amazing pics!

Absolutely spectacular pics Jeremiah. Thanks for sharing. wow! I wish I could see those sights some day.

Back